Spring help 34 Dodge

I tried to hook up linkage rod on rear springs and found the rods were too short. I had suspected this  for a long time because the rear end seems to be sitting higher than front end (measured at front of front door sill and rear of rear door and found rear to be 2" higher). I had springs re arced and I believe the gave them too much. They have 8 leaves and seem pretty stiff ( you have to jump on running board support to  make them flex any). The arc hanging on car with body jacked up is 7 1/2" and with weight of body 6 3/8". Length of rear shackle is 4" c/c. Spring pack is 2 1/4" thick. Anyone know correct arc, number of leaves and length of each leaf (may have been built up for hauling moon shine or whatever)? Could the spring shackle I purchased be too long? Need to lower about 4" (see picture of shock linkage) to hook to shock and have travel in both directions(now you have to pull shock to bottom of stroke too even hook up). Will have springs re arced but need this information if possible.

100_2737.JPG

100_2738.JPG

100_2739.JPG

I think the spring data is on the Dodge Brothers Club web site.

It is hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like the car is on the ground (weight on the springs) and the shackle is forwards of vertical (top behind bottom)? Mine is sitting about 10-20° behind vertical (i.e. the bottom is behind the top). The overhead photos in the Instruction Book of the chassis (lubrication photo) seems to have the shackles hanging slightly forward, but when the body goes on they should go back behind vertical.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)