A question about a hole in my block

Wheelmang

Finally getting around to adding water to the system. There is a hole in the block to the right of the carburetor. It does not appear to have threads. Can someone please confirm the purpose and if it is to have a welch plug in it? Please forgive the jury rigged components in the picture. Have not got to that part of the PO quick fixes. Thanks for the assistance. Paul.

599a3fd2213ce_26DBBlock.thumb.jpg.3a4bcf016d30e823f9a98aebb1075113.jpg

Sorry for the lack of car info. It is a 1926 DB 6V. (I was only in the car and truck parts business for 48 years, so a little embarrassing) Thanks for all your responses. I will try to blow all out but did not see any threads. Kinda figured it was a drain or freeze plug of some kind. At any rate it will be a drain now. 

Thanks again. 

• Haha 1

Wow, cannot believe what I have gone through to get a simple 1/8" pipe thread drain valve. Five auto parts stores, three hardware stores, one farm supply store, and one plumbing supply store. Most had no clue what I was looking for and recommended a plug. Finally, on a return trip to O'Rielly, got into their computer and we found and ordered one. It was defective!  Another is on the way.