65 Riviera - 1 owner - 36k miles - $44k on CL

cjp69

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:53 PM, Mr Jones said:

Wow! Wish I could afford a second one

ME TOO! Or at least another one in this condition!

20 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

That is indeed an exceptional example of a 65 Riviera.

I Agree!

15 hours ago, bodayguy said:

What might sell that car close to asking price are pictures of the underside and the engine bay.

I don't think 36,000 miles are necessarily any better than 86,000 miles, it's still 50 years old, you know. 

More pictures would be a good thing that's for sure!

True about the miles, but it doesn't "hurt" the value.

And, if it truly is a 425 it is more rare than a '65 GS! Only 2311 of those produced and over 3500 GS's, Just Sayin'.

Mileage is everything on an old car......a 36,000 mile car can go for many years on it's original engine, trans, rear end, driveshaft, heater core, radiator, upholstery, carpet

etc. A 90,000 mile car might very well need all of those things redone. A 52 year old car with 36,000 miles that has been driven sparingly, babied all it's life and not just

shoved in a barn to deteriorate is the holy grail. My car is similar to that but had 55,000 miles. Still runs and drives like new with no repairs needed on the chassis, engine , trans, or rear end, heater core radiator , power steering, A/C, upholstery, carpet etc. If this car had a saddle interior I would be foaming at the mouth to buy 

it if I could come up with the necessary coin.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)