'39 commander steering wheel keyway?

hi folks,  I removed the steering wheel and to my surprise there are no splines...instead it has a keyway in the wheel and the shaft and a missing key.  The nut holding the steering wheel on had always been finger tight, previous owner had it off for some reason.  Anyway,  I dont see this in the parts catalogue, it looks like it might be a special key so it does not fall into the hollow shaft.  Anyone have any knowledge on this key?  

update....looks like a 3/16" woodruff key might be what it takes...the keyway in the hollow shaft appears radiused on the ends ...this would keep the key from passing thru into the hollow shaft.  I have  a 3/16" woodruff key but it sits too high for the steering wheel to slip on.   I will see if a smaller "diameter" woodruff key is available or I could machine the height off of the key so the steering wheel will go on.    

Edited by fh4ever
updated (see edit history)

The part you need is 127605 (page 436 just above illustration # 1310-3) and was used on all models 1934 thru 11939. Not listed on Studebaker International sight but they may have if you call, Bob Kapteyn may have one. I'd like to keep one for a spare but wouldn't want to you off the road so contact me if you can't find one and I'll get it sent to you

TIMG_8291.thumb.JPG.3c97c33d5055aaa94c6e5c146e61ea85.JPGT me I 

I welded it ! just kidding... A while later, I backed the car out so I could vacuum and blow out the  inside of the car from  all the interior re-wiring and the under dash wiring work I was doing.   Amidst all the wiring debris, clippings, dirt, tie wraps, some hardware, etc was a key!    When the steering wheel spun freely on the shaft.....I guess the spring underneath pushed the wheel off the key.  then when I removed the steering wheel , the key probably fell out and hit the blanket I had on the floor to lay on...never heard it fall.  silly me!  :wacko: