1925 Ajax

In  doing an  engine  swap in  my  1925  Ajax,  I  found the  need to  remove  the  steering  box. Not  having  a  shop  manual  for the  car,  I  was as a pilot  would  say,  flying  by the  seat of  my  pants. In the  pic  one  can  see that  the  engine  will not  come out  by  the  steering  box.The  engine I  am  putting  in was  used in  a saw mill to  run  a cutoff  saw.

Complete except  for the  carb,  which  he  did  not  know  why it  was  not  on the  engine.  I  tore the  engine  down  because  he  said it  only  had  about  50  hrs. on  a rebuild.Setting  for a while pickled  with Marvel oil about 15 years  ago.  It  turned  over  free before  I  took it  apart.. After  removing the  oil pan  I  could  see the  screen on the  bottom of the  oil pump should  have  a new  one. My  friend  in  Fl  sent  me  some  screen that  I  used to  make  some  new  fuel  filters  for  his  1927  Pierce  Arrow. I  think  the  pic  will tell  you  the  rest of the  story.  By  the  way  , I  know  you  guys  will love  my  lavish shop.  Oh  here are  the  seats I  did  for this  car 14 years  ago. 

DSCN2472.JPG

DSCN2473.JPG

DSCN2475.JPG

DSCN2481.JPG

DSCN2485.JPG

DSCN2487.JPG

Edited by Hupp36
Pic were not loading (see edit history)

Well  I  finally got  the  4th tire  i  needed to move  the  car  out in the  open  air  to  run the  engine  without  getting  gassed. Not  being  run  for  so  long,  I  need to  do  a  ring  out  and  functual.  I  ran  it  long  enough  to  know  it  will ok.  If  it  runs  like  I  think  it  should,  I  will  put it   away  until  spring.

I  could  not  seem to  load the  video. It  shows the  engine  running  fine.I  filled the  vacuum tank  3  times  and  ran the  engine  for  about  1/2 hr. I  will  install the  headliner and  the  seats  when  I  get  back  in the  spring.  For  now,  back in  storage.

• 4 weeks later...

Had  some  spare time  so I  looked in  my  hubcap wrench stash and  came  up  with  the  proper  wrench.  The only  things  missing  from this car are a few  open  end  wrenches. I  have the  tool pouch and  Ajax  moto  meter but  they  are buried in  my  junk  room. I will  dig  them  out  in the  Spring.. It  took  me  30  years to  get  4 good  hub caps.The  other  3  are  as  good  or  better  than the  one in the  pic.

DSCN2512.JPG