Picture of an 1961 Lincoln "owner's name plate"?

John_Mc

Guys I'm going to replicate the original owners name plate that Ford would send out after you filled out the form at the back of the owner's manual.  The idea was that it was stuck in the middle of the dashboard.  I'm trying to have one reproduced, not with my name, but the name of the original owner.  Problem is I need a good sharp picture of one of an untouched original.  Any post a picture?  Thanks

I believe that Lincoln (and Cadillac) ordered the nameplates from a separate company.  Nameplates and font were identical, just the marque logos differed.  I've seen the Lincoln versions as well as the Cadillac. When I acquired a 1964 60S Fleetwood in **1970** as a daily driver, a friend who owned a Cadillac-Olds dealership ordered one for me.  Upon receipt, the nameplate company's name was on the envelope and I ordered another for my 1939 Cadillac 75.  I believe I have that envelope (Lord knows why!) in my files, but I can't get to it for a day or two.

I have no idea if they're still in business 47 years later.  Please send me a PM if you'd like me to exhume that envelope--I know where it is, but I'll be away for 24 hours.  My garbage memory tells me as I type this that the company's name was "Exclusively Yours."

12 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

John, since you're so involved in Lincolns, you undoubtedly

know more than I.  But, to save you effort and money,  is there a chance

that some NOS blank name plates exist among Lincoln collectors?

Think of the work you'll save if you can find one!

12 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

John, since you're so involved in Lincolns, you undoubtedly

know more than I.  But, to save you effort and money,  is there a chance

that some NOS blank name plates exist among Lincoln collectors?

Think of the work you'll save if you can find one!

Yes, that would be great but where to find one?

• 7 months later...
On 8/17/2017 at 2:47 PM, Rusty_OToole said:

If you just want a shiny plate with your name on it a trophy shop can fix you up in jig time.

The last thing I'd want is something with MY name on it.  The original owner's name needs to be on the plaque.  And here is the final result.  A club member in Denver has produced several of them.  They are an exact reproduction of the original.

IMG_2639 - Copy.JPG

• Like 1

John, that's great!

That shows the importance of clubs, and networking

to help each other out in our hobby.

What is the emblem on the left side of the plaque?

An old knight's helmet, as Lincoln used in the 1950's?

And just for our education, do you know what years

Lincoln offered this style of plaque?

John, it's the Lincoln star and my car is a 1961 model.  I was able to trace the original owner's relatives down from an old insurance card from 1968 smashed in the back of the glovebox.  It's actually an amazing story that unfolded.  Let me attach a different angled picture so that it shows more clearly.  And yes, without my advise and efforts from fellow members, where would this hobby be?????  Also, I'm pretty sure the knight's head went away with the '58 models.

IMG_2642.JPG

Edited by John_Mc (see edit history)