This car and parts are on hold. I can not get a hold of anybody.1936 Dodge Coupes and parts for sale

A good customer and friend just were killed in a plane crash last week. He was a 25 plus year judge at the Oshkosh air show. He bought a 60s Piper that was in TN. He restores old planes and been a pilot for 40 plus years and worked for the airlines until he retired 10 years ago. He flew commercially to TN from CA to fly the plane back home. He crashed near Las Vegas NM.

I will be helping his widow with the estate. He was building 3-36 dodge coupes. One hot rod that he has owned since he was 20? He said more miles on being towed than driven. The other was going to be stock and the other basically a parts car. He has a machine shop that he did a lot of his own work. 

I will post the inventory at a later date with details.

Start you want list here.

Thanks

Dave

20170115_113513.jpg

20170115_141509.jpg

20170115_141525.jpg

20170115_141926.jpg

20170115_141951.jpg

20170115_142454.jpg

20170115_142525.jpg

20170115_142529.jpg

20170115_150355.jpg

20170116_172414.jpg

received_10208552242626040.jpeg

1936 Dodge Grill (1).jpg

1936 Dodge Grill (3).jpg

01a5d5f3-fa1a-4a2d-bd77-053051dcab16.jpg

1936 Car-1936-37 Truck (1).jpeg

1936 Car-1936-37 Truck (1).jpg

1936 Car-1936-37 Truck (2).jpeg

1936 Dodge car grill incert (1).jpg

1936 Dodge car grill incert (2).jpg

1936 Dodge car grill incert (3).jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

So sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend.

Thank you, John.

We were supposed to fly a WW1 trainer to Oshkosh that he is rebuilding next year to put it up for sale. Open twin cockpit. That was the last thing we talked about before he went to the Oshkosh show. 

http://www.chron.com/news/texas/article/Pilot-found-dead-in-wreckage-of-crashed-plane-in-11820163.php

8 minutes ago, Uptowndodge said:

Sorry about your friend. I'm still looking for a left side mount fender. Thx

I'll know Sat of what parts will be for sale. He does have fenders. Just discovered that he bought a 36 4 dr rust free sedan for parts. 4 cars in the pile plus a lot of parts that have been restored. He had just finished building a state of the art spray booth that is large enough to put a twin engine Cessna inside to paint. He has a complete machine shop in his hanger that he used to restore his cars and mainly antique airplanes. His house is attached to the hanger. The hanger door is about 30ft wide.

18 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Dave, you, or anyone, really I'm missing the stainless molding strips which fit under the rear quarter windows. Also, a left inside visor mounting bracket, or complete left inside visor.

I think that I have those. I'll check for that stuff at the estate tomorrow.

Guest Dennis Donat
On 8/17/2017 at 11:43 PM, countrytravler said:

Here is a 36 windshield crank that he rebuilt. This is the caliber of work that he did.

20140513_185545.jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (1).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (2).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (3).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (4).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (5).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (6).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (7).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (8).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (9).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (10).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (11).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (12).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (13).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (14).jpg

1935-36 Dodge Crank-Windshield (15).jpg

Guest Dennis Donat

Dave I"m new to this site so I don't know if I'm even doing this correct or if you are even selling any of these parts. I'm looking for a Windshield regulator for a 1936 Plymouth (36 Dodge is the same)

It doesn't have to be purity it just needs to be all there and work ... Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Dennis Donat ... thedennis@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1936 DeSoto S1 coupe .. Maybe dodge is the same. By your pictures the dodge coupe body looks identical.  Looking for a running board molding driver side but I think R&L is the same.. 54" length abt. 1" width.  The width may be a little off.

Also needing the hood hinge retainers mounted on the cowl & radiator shell.

Edited by Frank Wilkie (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Recon1958

I'm restoring a 1936 Dodge Business Coupe and need just a few parts. I need an original Stromberg EXV-2 one barrel carburetor, engine firewall grommets, headlight knob,horn for engine compartment. Do you have any of these parts available and what is the price. Thanks in advance Larry

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm just seeing this post for the 1st time in early Feb 2018.  I'm very sorry to hear the sad story of your friend's demise.  It looks like he was a very accomplished mechanic and restorer.  Please accept my condolences.

If any of the pictured parts are still available please let me know.  As you already know from the Dodge Brothers forum I have a 36 D2 5 passenger sedan and the grill shell and everything forward of it/attached to it is the weakest part of the car, condition-wise.  I see a few very nice grill shells/grills in the pics and would be interested in talking about them if you PM me.  

Also, the most rusty area of my D2 is the floor pan between the front seat and the firewall.  Probably got wet repeatedly from a leaking windshield.  So any parts cars that are being cut up and could donate that area to my project are worth talking about as well.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi not sure if you still have any parts but I really need a complete grill assly if by chance you have one if so email me at dcorun@hotmail.com price and any pics please thanks for at least letting me know thanks Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering if anyone received or bought one just one part from this listing? So many replies and seems like there's always another story. Really don't know why he listed these clean items,  just to get us all fired up. Come on Dodge City you'll still get your cut. Sell something to someone already 

1 hour ago, Uptowndodge said:

Just wondering if anyone received or bought one just one part from this listing? So many replies and seems like there's always another story. Really don't know why he listed these clean items,  just to get us all fired up. Come on Dodge City you'll still get your cut. Sell something to someone already 

Read the HEADER!!!!

Here 

I copied and paste!!

This car and parts are on hold. I can not get a hold of anybody.1936 Dodge Coupes and parts for sale.

This belongs to my best friend that died in a plane crash that he bought at an auction and was flying it back home and he crashed. They called me to handle the Dodge car and parts.  I have no control over his estate. Numbers are disconnected and I'm not in town to go to his house.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

If people want, I can delete the post. I only left it up so people can look at parts to compare. Let me know if you all want this post deleted. It does not matter to me since I'm not doing this job much anymore. I have not been home in 6 months and probably won't be home for another 2 to 3 months. 

7 hours ago, hokrod said:

I chased this guy  in July 2017  and again 3 months later I gave up  and searched else where 

Another one that does not read the header. What was I to do since these were not my parts and I can not get in contact with the widow? I guess you have never dealt with the death of a spouse. Email, text go unanswered and the phone is disconnected. As far as I know, the parts may still be there or they were scrapped. I am not going to pursue the matter anymore because of my job being on the road hauling cars and the attitude of the general public for being in retail. I see why these people that did Mopar parts die off. 

Have a good day

Dave

Dave, I don't post things for sale on here very often, but I have sold a few things.

Every once in awhile someone will be looking thru old adds and see something that I had listed and ultimately sold. (my bad for not deleting)

If some one digs up an old ad that I cant help with I delete it.

If the piece is still available I leave it even though it gets buried pretty fast. Here is where the problem is. I forget that the ad is buried somewhere and forget about it. Then someone (years later) finds it and asks about it. Good news if I still have it for sale. But I will certainly delete it then if it is no longer available.

My opinion, posts for sold or unavailable items should not be left  up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Dave, I don't post things for sale on here very often, but I have sold a few things.

Every once in awhile someone will be looking thru old adds and see something that I had listed and ultimately sold. (my bad for not deleting)

If some one digs up an old ad that I cant help with I delete it.

If the piece is still available I leave it even though it gets buried pretty fast. Here is where the problem is. I forget that the ad is buried somewhere and forget about it. Then someone (years later) finds it and asks about it. Good news if I still have it for sale. But I will certainly delete it then if it is no longer available.

My opinion, posts for sold or unavailable items should not be left  up.

I leave ads up mostly for reference. You would be surprised of the number of people that ask for pictures. I would put sold and back then you could not delete a post. Plus we have about a thousand ads posted. Been back driving a car hauler since Aug of last year. I have only been home for maybe 4 weeks since last Aug so my involvement with DCV is very limited. Its to bad about this Dodge ad. Lot of cool parts. Some of those parts are mine. Probably about 5k worth of parts. He was restoring them or using them as a mold to make parts. That was his intentions on reproducing parts. A BIG LOSE when he died. 

Thanks for chiming in Jack

Dave

• Like 2