RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

1936 Pierce-Arrow

1936 Pierce-Arrow 8 for sale. I have owned this car for a long time. The car is an unrestored original with only 50k miles. I have not had the car out of the garage much in about 12 years now except to drive around the block to keep it going or to wash it. These are photos taken around 2005 at the last car show it was in. The photos in the driveway are only a few years old. The car looks the same today. There is no rust on the body or under the car. It runs and drives fine, everything works as it should. Needs a cosmetic restoration, could use paint and some chrome plating. The car looks presentable just the way it is. Original interior is in very good condition. Side Mount delete which is very unusual for this car. I have never seen another 36/37/38 Pierce-Arrow sedan of this vintage without them. I will post interior photos soon. I have to take some photos of the interior. Price is reasonable at 35k. Private collector, not a dealer. Thank you.

782-8241_IMG.JPG

782-8239_IMG.JPG

782-8240_IMG.JPG

782-8242_IMG.JPG

782-8248_IMG.JPG

782-8247_IMG.JPG

782-8250_IMG.JPG

782-8251_IMG.JPG

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)

Wow, nice car.  Without the sidemounts, look at the line on the front fender from the headlight housings to the tail of the fender....perfectly drawn and rendered, I can see the French curve on the drawing board as I look at it!

I personally like the looks of a car without sidemounts, makes it look so much longer and cleaner...

Man, I'm trying to figure out how to stretch my garage as I type this.....

• Like 1

All 1936-38 Pierce-Arrows, both 8s and 12s, had Borg-Warner R-1 mechanical overdrives as standard equipment.

David.....you NEED that car! I'll take the little motor off you hands so you get get permission from the higher authority. 😜

Ed, I keep telling her we need a car that will easily tow the Travelodge trailer!  And, we don't have a car that color! 

Very nice car.....

Thank you for the emails and questions. Here are a few photos of the interior as requested. The interior is in good original condition. It's dusty and has some cobwebs from sitting unopened. I did not see any signs of mice. The car is nice and dry. Funny how when we don't look at a car for a long period of time, we kind of forget about it and think of selling it. Now, after looking at the photos I took, I may be making a mistake in selling the car.

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4639.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4643.JPG

IMG_4641.JPG

IMG_4642.JPG

My temptation runs deep, very nice car, see some issues here and there but nothing crazy.

If you're having second thoughts, get it out and drive it, and weigh the money received versus the pleasure of ownership.  It's a simple choice from that point.

I've had a lot of cars over the years, and some that I've had offers on I just smiled and said no thanks, and a couple of those are still with me today..

Ah, this car I go back and forth with the thought of selling it. However, I guess something has to go. I can't keep everything. This one does not have to go, it's not really in my way, however, I will say it again, it's accessible for now but not forever. It will not be available again for a long time if I have to rebury it in order to get other cars out of storage.