JZRIV

1972 Centurion Convertible

I believe the Riv was the first Buick to have a true headliner in it, after that the Reatta did as well.  The new Cascada also does, in fact you wouldn't know you are in a convertible when the top is up if you didn't know. 

Here's my convertible top with a headliner and glass window with electric defrost. It is an '86 Park Ave and appears to share a lot of parts with the '80's Riviera convertibles. It is also very similar the the H&E 1981 Eldorado I owned that also had the same features. My car was built by Car Craft who took over E&E in Lima, Ohio. So the non-GM built cars are where you see the headliners in these vintages.

I also included an exterior shot to compare to the Electra two door. There was extensive quarter panel work to add the quarter windows.

011.thumb.jpg.557f14b541c3e1c4b8566ba37fa3f5c0.jpg

020.thumb.jpg.9e7e68ab07a80e09ac95d5dcee2676ed.jpg

I have owned Chev, Buick and Eldorado convertibles from this time frame. 3 Eldorados (1972, 1973 and 1975), 2 Buicks (1974, 1975) and 1 Caprice (1974) have been relatively low mileage original cars. None have had headliners. I also have a 1984 Buick Riviera convertible and it does have the headliner. From my research I concur with Y-Job Fan that the 84 Riv was the first to have the headliner.