Can anyone ID this car?

KongaMan

You must be right; that's the same thing I came up with. ;)

That's my dad beside the car.  Sometime around the time of this picture (which looks to be about when the car was new), he rode in that car from Ohio to California and back.  Must of a been a helluva trip in 1926.

A very convincing case could be made that your family could not have picked a more capable car than a V-63 Cadillac for their 1926 trans-continental adventure. Certainly the Nairn Brothers would concur. They said if they could have bought a more rugged , reliable fleet , they would have done so. Treat yourself to a copy of Maurice Hendry's definitive work. Readily available used , I have several , in order to lend out and travel with. So inexpensive that you don't have to worry about beating-up a copy. Over 30 years ago , I read this 14 page chapter , and the previous chapter regarding the successful development of the inherently balanced V8 engine for the V-63. I ran right out and purchased this fine unrestored example shortly thereafter. Do you have any other pics or written accounts of your family's great Cadillac ?   -   Carl 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for the additional info.  We're still trying to gather more specifics and pictures from the trip.  FWIW, I just made that same drive in a little over two days. ;)

BTW, whaddya make of this car (in the other end of the same driveway):

192X-4-door.jpg.227a0dcaec399fe2f177b07fb932e523.jpg