Trulyvintage

Goodyear is making trailer tires in America

Good news for those looking for an American made trailer tire .... 

@ https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-US/media/news/goodyear_launches_american_manufactured_trailer_tire.html 

I just installed (3) of these on the curb side of my enclosed trailer - interested to see how long they will last .... 

Jim 

Webp.net-resizeimage (26).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (25).jpg

• Like 1

Now this friends, is REALLY good news!  The old foreign made tires would barely last 3 years even if you never used them.  I have spent a fortune in trailer tires since 2000 for no reason other than they are junk.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Now this friends, is REALLY good news!  The old foreign made tires would barely last 3 years even if you never used them.  I have spent a fortune in trailer tires since 2000 for no reason other than they are junk.

Sorry to see you had bad luck with foreign made trailer tires. I had the opposite experience.

The foreign made tires that came on my trailer lasted 5+ years before I retired them due to age. In 2010 I bought a set of Goodyear Marathon ST tires for my trailer. Those (brand new, Made in America) tires lasted three years before I started seeing microcracks in the sidewalls even though they were ALWAYS properly inflated and covered when not in use. On the way to Hershey one fall I had a blowout in one of these tires most likely from road debris. With the other tires with cracks in the sidewalls and Goodyear not offering any help towards new tires I purchased a set of brand new Maxxis trailer tires and have not looked back. 3+ years and counting and no cracks or other issues with these tires.

Hopefully these new Goodyear Endurance tires hold up better than the old Marathons did. If they do, I may given Goodyear a second chance when it's time to replace my current tires. 

Charlie

I bought a set of "American" Goodyear Marathon trailer tires after  my  new load range E Carlisle's Blew apart. After I got them on I noticed in almost invisible imprint the word "CHINA". I called Good Year and they assured me that although assembled in CHINA they were made in a Goodyear plant under Goodyear management.  One blew the first year the second the next year.

Goodyear now assures us that their NEW tires are the best thing since sliced bread.

Goodyear might consider changing their name to Goodluck.................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Talk to my UHaul rep. They were buying GoodYear tires and they would not hold up. I would say that they know what they are talking about with having over 50k trailers. MMMM

Goodyear used to make a private brand of bias trailer tires exclusively for Uhaul to use on trailers.

They were branded for Uhaul use only on the sidewall.

They were load range F or G equivalent.

Goodyear & Uhaul parted ways - Uhaul was selling trailer tires on ebay from it's regional warehouse - I know because I was contemplating

buying some from them many years ago - so it is not suprising that Uhaul is badmouthing Goodyear.

I have had these tires on now for about 1000 miles - no issues.

I don't pay attention much to Gossip .....

Jimk