This place had 4 Reatta

Barney Eaton

I was there a few weeks ago before I headed up to WI. And looking at that video it was the first warehouse that burned down. (there are about 6 warehouses stacked full of classic automobiles) Unfortunately the warehouse that burned down had two white 1990 convertible reattas. You are correct on them having 4. There is also another white convertible in another warehouse and then a 1988 black Reatta that sits in the "boneyard" I took a look at all 4, and the ones that burned were by far in best shape.. Odd that a few weeks after I was there the place burns down, what a shame :(

A fire like that spreads very easy..  A battery could have shorted, oil and gas coupled with interiors fuel a fire.  The cars were packed in tight spaces, easy to see how it spread so fast, and don't forget the business was closed for the night.  It srarted after 8 PM, and NO water supply was in the area, it had to be trucked in.   It's a very small town, didn't have a large fire department, had to call on others mikes away.  Also, he didn't have insurance on all the cars present value, only what he paid for the cars/trucks which didn't include labor they may have performed on some of them.

Dale in Indy

Hey Barney, I have a rhetorical question for you..... If you woke up tomorrow and there was a Reatta in your yard with a signed title on the front seat, would you pursue criminal charges against the perpetrator, or just start ripping parts off it prior to calling a wrecker ?