Sunny Turnquist.

edinmass

I have seen a notice that Sunny Turnquist passed away recently on another site. She and hew husband Bob were very active in the CCCA since it's founding. I was fortunate to spend time with Sonny at Amelia Island for the past several years. I always enjoyed both their company, and talking Packards with Bob, as a very young man, Bob reached out to me showing kindness and an interest in my collecting. I will remember both of them with fondness. Ed

I never met Sunny, but I did meet Bob once many years ago.  I do have many 2nd stories memories as relayed through my parents.  Bob would always hold court at the Hershey Hotel on Saturday nights with a dinner.  It would be a veritable who's who of car collecting.   The generation of collectors that really started things in the 1950s is passing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SaddleRider
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, alsancle said:

.   The generation of collectors that really started things in the 1950s is passing.

RE : MR. & MRS TURNQUIST:

I had the honor - the delightful experience of spending some time with Bob & Sonny in their home (which on its own,  had some colonial-era  fantastic history behind it).  They were truly CLASSIC people in every sense of the word  CLASSIC as we USED to use it...!

• 1 month later...

Bob is one of the primary reasons I ended up in the restoration business. I spent many hours going thru his Packard book in my college library when I should have been studying something else. I saw Bob and Sunny several years ago at a show and told him about his book enticing me away from my major and eventually into the old car business. Told him I wasn't sure whether to thank him or curse him. Fine people. I have the Ken Eberts poster of Bob in his '29 Phaeton hanging right here beside my desk.

Guest SaddleRider
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:38 AM, edinmass said:

Bob, as a very young man, Bob reached out to me showing kindness and an interest in my collecting. I will remember both of them with fondness. Ed

Couldn't resist this....you say that Bob " as a very young man"......

Hmmm...if Bob as a very young man reached out to you.......that makes you almost as old as ME....!

Guest Len Fanelli

Bob Turnquist  and my dad were friends, always talking CCCA cars. My dad Harry was one of the early CCCA members along with Ted Cavanaugh.

Len Fanelli

Abingdon Performance MG T type roller camshafts

1970 Citroen Mehari

1953 MG TD