picture needed of 1949 Windsor radiator (installed)

Guest Motorman1600

Guest Motorman1600

Hello everyone,  I am looking for a reference picture of the front area of the radiator and the rubber molding  that seals the top front  of the radiator to the removable sheet metal that sits in front of the radiator and sounds the horns.  I am trying to fabricate a new rubber piece but don't know what it looks like.   Thanks 

Edited by Motorman1600 (see edit history)

Guest Motorman1600

Hey.  Not sure.  My car has none.  I was looking for a picture of it in place on the car.  Then I can see what's missing. 

IS YOUR CAR A 1ST SERIES 1949 WHICH MEANS IT LOOKS LIKE A 46-48 CHRYSLER.

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT CAN YOU POST A PICTURE OF WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT.

THE SEALS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ARE MADE OF MASTICATED RUBBER AND THEY FIT INTO 2 METAL HOLDERS (THEN THERE ARE TABS ON THE HOLDERS THAT ARE SQUEEZED TO HOLD THE RUBBER IN PLACE). THE METAL HOLDERS ARE THEN ATTACHED ( I'M PRETTY SURE) TO THE TOP OF THE RADIATOR WITH NUTS/BOLTS/WASHERS.

I HAVE SOME THAT I CUT FOR WHEN I DID MY CAR - IF I CAN FIND THEM IN THE PARTS PILE.

Guest Motorman1600

Hi.  No. My car is a later 49.  All I know is the rubber is held in place by 3 metal staples on each side of the horns.  The center section doesn't have anything I can see   I'll take a pic tomorrow of what I am talking about. 

Guest Motorman1600

I would like a picture of the correct rubber piece. What you see is a first attempt at making a replacement.  if there is a proper reproduction part , I would buy it. 

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG