Weird item to attach to nose of my car..help needed

johnnyrock70

Check this out.

It's a big screen/bra from 1971. 

It is ugly, but want to pull up to my friends at the car show with it on. I can't for the life of me figure out how this thing mounts up. Ive tried a number of different ways, but nothing seems to work. The arm/bracket seems to fit most comfortably underneath the hood right where the top of the grill comes up to meet it, but it will not stay in place.

Does anybody have experience with one of these? Or perhaps the original how-to directions / paperwork? Thxs :D

150205538081864487627.jpg

1502055428626896723142.jpg

1502055471048785298943.jpg

15020555062501451591539.jpg

I think if I remember rightly the arms as you suggest go under the edge of the hood, the 4 Vee brackets are adjusted to hold the screen up and the two springs hook under the bumper to hold the screen tight.

Good Luck

AAAhhh, the love bug protector screen.

They were very popular in Florida in the day.  Never lived in Fla, but I traveled there some for my work and for about a month or so a year these big bugs would come out and if you did not have a screen like this the bugs would clog your radiator and damage the paint on the car.

Try to place the wire hooks through the grill and attach to a radiator support.  Just a guess on this.

• 2 weeks later...