AMMETER, 1936 DODGE

Guest Smitty168

Guest Smitty168

Hello,

I am working on a 1936 D2 Sedan.  Just finishing up on the Dashboard.

Question is on the Ammeter/Voltmeter.  It seems to register a charge and discharge ok but the needle starts out on 1/4 charge indication with no current on (key off) and when the engine is at idle and the battery is not calling for a charge.  Is there any way to adjust the needle so it is at the mid point when the key is off or when the batt is not calling for a charge??

The gauge is not original to this model since the mounting screw holes are at 9 and 3 o'clock.  The correct mounting holes should be at 11 and 5.  It seems to fit ok if I lock it down with large washers under the mounting screws and clamping the edge of the gauge housing. 

If anyone has a way to adjust the needle or barring that, if someone has a good working gauge with the correct mounting holes,  I'd be happy to purchase same. 

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Your best bet is to replace the gauge with the correct one. Keep an eye on ebay as they do come up from time to time at reasonable prices. Of course, buying any old gauge from anyone is a gamble. You might place a parts wanted ad on the forum that might dredge one up. I might have an extra one but do to an injury, can't look right now. You might also check Andy Bernbaum auto or Robert's Motor parts. You might also try Dodge Central in CA. Good hunting!