No vacuum advance no oil filter

t23

Hello, im looking at purchasing a 1936 Dodge Pickup. It has the 201 motor. Iwas doing a walkaround and noticed that the distributor didnt have a vacuum advance nor was there a place on distributor to attach one. Also didnt see any hoses for heater. Was told dont need vacuum advance or oil filter. I want to make a list of things that need replaced/repaired. I diffently want to install oil filter even if its a by pass system. As to distributor vacuum advance wont my mileage and performance suffer without one. My last vehicle was 56 tbird and  I know them inside out. This is first  go with 30's vehicle and I need to learn. Plan on searching this site to see what should be with this motor so I can met with owner and discuss.

Thanks

Welcome to the site. A lot of good people and info. 1st thing is to purchase a shop and manual books and owners manual. A lot of info. read and look at pictures from cover to cover. That is the most accurate knowledge that you can obtain. We have members that are doing a nut and bolt resto on a 37 and 38. A 38 is already complete. The cream color 36 was for sale at an auction I believe. And no question is a stupid question. Only stupid question is one that is not asked. We sell a lot of truck parts from the 30s. Give me a call.

Thanks

Dave

209-613-1199

2015-06-01 00_06_50-unnamed (15) - Paint.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (13).jpg

1938 Dodge front (11).jpg

1938 Dodge truck gauges (5).JPG

Chassis (1).JPG

Chassis (10).JPG

1936 Dodge auction truck (1).jpg

1936 Dodge auction truck (1).png