1920 Dodge pickup info

vicpanza

This popped up on eBay this morning. Not aware of this type of configuration on a 1920 pickup truck. Appreciate any feedback regarding the roof. Might it have been a screenside that someone modified? Anyone in the area who can have a look at it for me? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920-Dodge-Other-Pickups/282589040275?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Something looks really hinky about that thing. I doubt that it was ever a truck especially the way the rear seat and top is configured. The tailgate logo looks like it's from the '40's or '50's but I could be wrong.Looking close to the reflections on the paint reveals to me a very bad body with a lot of pitting and or poor body repair. I'd tread carefully on this one!

Yeah it looks like a early to late 40's bed and a 63 tailgate heavily modified...

I'm not a car guy but if that VIN number he provided is the engine number then the car engine looks like it may date to Nov 1920 .

Not a truck, not even close...

As for the interior roof lining, I've seen that on antique furniture, never seen it used on antique automobiles.

seat 1.jpg

seat 2.jpg

Yea...it's definitely a home made roof. Just trying to figure out what they started with? Could have been a touring car or chassis?? In any event, after speaking with him, I don't have any interest. Still looking for my 1933-35 truck:)