36 Dodge

36 Dodge Fender Skirts

Recommended Posts

36 Dodge    0

I know how hard it is to find a set of skirts for a 36 and since I'm in the market I was wondering what would be a fair price to pay for a nice complete set of skirts? I have seen them go for as low as $500 "a few years back" and as high as $2200. That is a huge gap in price and that is why I am asking for your opinions and maybe someone out there may have a lead on a set.

Regards,

Marco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uptowndodge    3

Marco, I got a set on eBay but you have seen them already give me a call at 510-200-3715 I picked up another set and I'll let them go at a good price after we talk. Ruben 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpage    112

Marco, before you buy any skirts make sure they are for the Dodge cars; DeSoto and Airstream skirts look a lot like the Dodge but they are slightly different, have different trim wings and will not fit properly. Dodge skirts do not have any trim along the bottom. Also, make sure that all hardware is included as parts are difficult to find. I have a set for my car if you need photos or measurements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 Dodge    0

Mr. Page,

You are correct about it being very confusing. My cousin let me barrow a spare set that he has for his 36 Chrysler Airstream. I know that from my accessories catalog these are not the correct ones "different emblem and it has the lower trim piece" but they fit. The attached pics show the correct skirts shown in the accessories catalog and the other is the skirts on my car that my cousin let me barrow. 

20170710_075927.png

20170708_111819.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 Dodge    0
19 hours ago, Uptowndodge said:

Marco, I got a set on eBay but you have seen them already give me a call at 510-200-3715 I picked up another set and I'll let them go at a good price after we talk. Ruben 

Ruben,

What's a good time to call? I see your in the Bay Area across the bridge from me, I'm in Pacifica. 

Marco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uptowndodge    3

Marco, anytime Saturday I got a nice strait set I picked up this week  and I'll be selling but I know you've been looking so you get first crack at them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpage    112

My skirts have the same emblem but have no holes along the bottom as it has no moulding. There is also a rubber "V"shaped gasket that fits the channel around the upper perimeter that helps prevent scratches to the fender. Steel rubber carries that gasket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudsy Wudsy    140
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:48 AM, jpage said:

Marco, before you buy any skirts make sure they are for the Dodge cars; DeSoto and Airstream skirts look a lot like the Dodge but they are slightly different, have different trim wings and will not fit properly. Dodge skirts do not have any trim along the bottom. Also, make sure that all hardware is included as parts are difficult to find. I have a set for my car if you need photos or measurements.

 You are right about Desoto and Chrysler Airstream skirts having different moldings than the Dodge skirts, but I'm puzzled about why they don't fit properly. Can you explain why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uptowndodge    3

They fit correct I got a set for my Dodge and they are a perfect fit. I also got the trim for the running boards. Maybe not Mopar correct but I think looks better with than without.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpage    112

I had purchased new running board mouldings several years ago from L & L Mouldings but have since learned that they may be out of business. The rb mouldings are painted body color on the '36 cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 D2 Coupe    32
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:21 AM, jpage said:

I had purchased new running board mouldings several years ago from L & L Mouldings but have since learned that they may be out of business. The rb mouldings are painted body color on the '36 cars.

Do you have any contact info on file for L & L Mouldings? I need a set for our coupe and haven't found even a badly damaged sample to try to copy. I'd like to try to reach them, provided, as you said, they're still in business. If not, does anyone have any suggestions as to other potential suppliers? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 Dodge    0

So Saturday I ran into my cousin at a party. His first words were,  "Stop looking for skirts, I was going to surprise you before you paint your 36 by giving you the skirts that I let you barrow." He then said that he has all the moldings and locking parts but he will not give them to me until the car is almost done. I have much love for my cousin who has always looked out for me!!!

FB_IMG_1503374844651.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now