Fix For Loose First Gen Door Drain Seals

Riviera63

I replaced the lower door drain seals a couple of years ago. In that time I can't count the number of times I had to reattach them as the rubber nipples that hold them in place are just a little bit small for the hole in the door and they would keep coming loose. If you are experiencing the same problem as I was I have come up with a simple solution. You will need to have your door skin off to do it. What I did was take a couple of those hundreds of small washers that I/you got with the nut and bolt set I/you bought 30 years ago. Put the seals in place and slip a washer over the rubber nipple from the inside of the door. The ones I had had holes that were slightly smaller than the nipple but, were able to slip over the nipple into the retaining slot. The seals are firmly in place and will not come out. 

Bill

IMG_2948.JPG

6 hours ago, RockinRiviDad said:

??…good to know. Thx for sharing

You are welcome. As an update. You do not have to take the door skin completely off. Remove the lower nuts along the bottom and the bottom 4 on each side and that will give you enough room to get in there and slip these on. Not as easy as having the door skin completely off but, doable without too much swearing.

Bill