Marty Roth

SENTIMENTAL TOUR 2018 - A TALE OF TWO CITIES

Ref: Tonneau Covers for Open cars:

We have towed the 1915 Hudson SIX-40 Touring going Cross-Country many times, usually in the closed 30 ft, extra-tall trailer (Reliability tour in Savannah - Hilton Head, etc.),

but have on several occasions also crossed the country with it on the Open Trailer.

We have two separate Tonneau covers - one over the rear portion to keep baggage, tools etc. out of sight, and a separate Tonneau cover for the front compartment. 

These two covers serve a multitude of purposes:

1. covering the interior while travelling on an open trailer without the top or side-curtains catching the wind at highway speeds

2. Covering the interior over night at motels to keep out rain, dew, and prying eyes

3. covering the seats sometimes during tour stops so that the seats (and passenger thighs) do not roast from the sun

PS: Our '30 Packard has an additional Tonneau in addition to the two described above for the Hudson. Since the Packard has a second windshield and wind wings for rear seat passengers, a third Tonneau, matching the Haartz Canvas top (and trunk cover) extends from the rear edge of the front seat to the extended rear windshield, essentially enclosing most of the rear compartment, keeping rear seat passengers comfortable even in rain or in harsh winter conditions.  I came up with that idea after being a back seat passenger in another open car during bad weather, and it really works.

8 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

I bought my US currency last week encase I am able to go.  I tell you the exchange works a lot better if you come up here.

Agreed, and I like your new "Self-Portrait" and "White Charger", but is ONE HORSEPPOWER a bit on the LEE side, Marvin?

(with apologies for Monday morning humor?)

• Like 1