Visiting Sweden - Buicks? Events?

Dan O

I see we have more than one or two Swedish members on the board.  Don Tomaso gave me good info on a show I attended in Farjestaden yesterday and another next Wednesday in Gullabo and I thank him here again for the tips.  Is there anything else in southern Sweden (Smaland) I should see while here?

I did see a 1950 Roadmaster 4-door sedan in primer cruising by and a 1968(?) Riviera custom in silver and black yesterday.  There were a lot of people at the show by the harbor and over 100 cars, both US and Euro production.  There was a hot rod 1970's Saab that sounded like an angry bumble bee that was a kick.  Beautiful weather!

Here are some random shots and a video

IMG_8958.JPG

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8961.MOV

IMG_8962.JPG

IMG_8964.JPG

IMG_8965.JPG

IMG_8966.JPG

IMG_8967.JPG

Thank you all - Swedes are definitely crazy for old American cars! There is one behind every corner it seems.  I will make it to Gullabo this Wednesday but I leave on the 3rd for Texas and the heat.

I am headed to Visby for a couple of days.  I saw a yellow convertible Citroen D-20 cruising around there four years ago.  It's probably one of ten in existence.

4 hours ago, Leif Holmberg said:

Maybe you should visit the Classic Car Week next week in Rättvik Dalarna.Tomorrow Saturday it`s starting with a "swap meet" 29 Juli.

http://www.rattvik.se/kultur-fritid-och-turism/turism-att-besoka-rattvik/det-hander-i-rattvik/classic-car-week.html

Leif in Sweden

Thanks for the information!  Sounds like more fun but I am in Nybro area so that would be quite a drive for me.  You Swedes definitely make the most of your summer time.  I wish we had as many fun meets in Texas as often as you do.