1948 Pontiac Convertible

DAN 822

I have a 1948 Pontiac Convertible.

I was cleaning out the trunk and noticed there was not a jack

or an area in the trunk for any type of hookup for the jack.

If anyone has information and or pictures of the proper jack

location and type of jack, it would be appreciated.

Seems like Chevy should be quite similar if not the same.  Probably easier to find a picture on the web of an original chevy trunk.  I would do some google image searching for a survivor or restored car for sale as there is a good chance of finding several detailed photos of all angles of the car.  I did a little searching but didn't turn anything up.  You should see if the Chevy trunk looks the same then find the contacting points.  I think it either went behind the spare or up on the shelf.  It might have even been in a bag,  so it might not have had an actual hold down.   I vaguely remember a similar era Cadillac I had , the jack was stored in a bag or box and it was the factory bag. 

Google search purports this jack (s35) to be 48 Pontiac and this jack (Vi) to be 49 chev.  This should give you some idea of what you are looking for.

$_35.jpg

Vi.jpg

Here's a link to the ad on KIJIJI (Canada) that offers that jack in the first picture. I'm pretty sure that the jack in the second picture is ten years newer than what you are looking. I suggest that you post our question about jack location on the Pontiac forum.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/oshawa-durham-region/1942-1946-1947-and-1948-pontiac-chevrolet-bumper-jack/1140136286?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true