Old Gm puller

8 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Give us the hub dimension and the threads per inch count and we may be able to come up with one.

Hi it's 6cm 2.35inch od it has 6 threads and it's .5 inch of thred

8 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Give us the hub dimension and the threads per inch count and we may be able to come up with one.

I am not aware of any 1917 Pontiac. There was an earlier 1907-1908 version and a 1915 one that was very limited in production.  The Pontiac most people know did not arrive until 1926.  Are you sure of the year and whether it is an Oakland?  Are you saying six threads per inch or six threads per .5 inches?  Certainly someone will be able to help you.

16 minutes ago, nickelroadster said:

I am not aware of any 1917 Pontiac. There was an earlier 1907-1908 version and a 1915 one that was very limited in production.  The Pontiac most people know did not arrive until 1926.  Are you sure of the year and whether it is an Oakland?  Are you saying six threads per inch or six threads per .5 inches?  Certainly someone will be able to help you.

I think he meant to say 1927 by the poster's name. Typo??

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My suggestion would be to pick up a thread gauge which are available here in the states at any good hardware store.  This will be more accurate than straining your eyeballs and counting threads.  Sixteen threads per inch sound more likely than twelve.  If you are unable to find one, you could have one made at George's Excellent  Hub Pullers.  www.customhubpullers.com and Tel. 308-586-1930.  Good luck.

Edited by nickelroadster
addition (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, huptoy said:

Australia uses the Metric system.  

Yes, but it certainly wasn't  in 1927.

Just bought a hub puller here in Oz for $AUD10.00 

While these ones are just about to finish on eBay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-NOS-KNOCK-OUT-WHEEL-PULLERS-IN-ORIGINAL-BOXES-OLDSMOBILE-PACKARD-PEERLESS/142443102465?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D43574%26meid%3Dc344a5d63fbe40dfa2566e98e729d10c%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Des%26sd%3D172738200182

10 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

hi had a look at these so called pullers they are axil thread protectors they fit on the axil and you bash it with big hammer not a good idea with wood wheals 

11 hours ago, nickelroadster said:

You want to get the type that clamps on the axle and then you screw a bolt down which pushes on the axle.  Even the type that is in Ozstatman's post do not really harm a wooden wheel as you do not bash the wheel when you use them.

I feel that if I use Ozstatman's type with the spokes being loose it could damage them so I will keep trying to get right one thanks in Australia we don't have the same resources as the us were they was made if I broke a wheel I would have to find one in us none here 

hi between you replying I found someone that makes them so I orderd one from him and with the distance from me to you it would be a weak or more befour I could get down to you so I will say thanks for your help and let you know how this works out with the hub puller .

I have a new question you may be able to help me with I need a pitman arm for the old girl its the type with a 1inch ball on the end at 90 degrees ?