57 caballero project

sherwood3333

Hi Pete

All exterior trim is there, as well as all sheet metal. Main items needed are rear seat cushions, cargo area rear window inside garnish mouldings. 

I am glad this wagon will be restored now and can not wait to follow Sherwoods progress. He is the right person for the job.

thank you

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2017 at 9:30 PM, sherwood3333 said:

went to desert valley wreaking in casa Grande az. scored rear cargo area garnish trim that I was looking for  :D

I know from experience to grab what you can when you can as it only gets harder to find later (and more expensive).

Wish I was closer to that yard, I could probably spend a week there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this a Caballero or an Riviera Estate Wagon? Looks like an Model 49D Estate Wagon. Looking good, that's for sure! Need more pictures. You can tell what type by the data plate on the firewall.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, sherwood3333 said:

motor and trany  back into wagon, just need to rebuild carb and will ready to bring her back to life after a long sleep :)

005.JPG

006.JPG

Is it just my computer monitor, or is the engine painted blue vs Buick green?

18 hours ago, Beemon said:

Should have looked for Ford Green! They don't sell a Buick Green. Still looks awesome, though. With those wheels, it won't matter anyways. 

Or Detroit Diesel Alpine Green.  Here's a comparison of Ford Green - Duplicolor 1617, Buick Green - from CARS, and Alpine green - Duplicolor under florescent lights.20150420_134932-crop.thumb.jpg.e22750839df63a491862f22576642291.jpg

And the same valve cover in daylight.

20150420_135859.thumb.jpg.552de63fb770763d951a7483212b4d06.jpg

PS - The word "FORD" has been removed from the cap because Classic Buicks sells the Ford Green as Buick Green. :D

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

first decide what kind of seats you want bench or buckets, then ask if you want stock or retro , then decide what type of material, cloth or leather  ect.  after that pick a style you want to use. choose weather you want to use old springs or go with foam, then choose the foam type you want soft or firm, then start to rebuild seats , fix springs or shape foam into seat frame, then layout material your using to mark out stitching pattern,  sow  pattern and place on seat. as I was doing seat the pattern  it changed several times  also foam had to be recut to fit seat pattern  iam going for a retro style and something a little different as to fit the hole car also because I am not doing a restoration    I am working with a guy that has been doing upholstery for years and he is doing all the sowing on his machine  hope this helps you