Here we go.......

Tom_Overfield

Taking my 41 three window project car I bought from John Murphy many years ago to Todd Calder in Ct this morning. 3 window body on a 41 4 door donor car.  4 NOS fenders, 2 NOS skirts, one NOS 40 hood, two 41 hoods,  two really nice trunk lids. All interior garnish, two doors, V-12 with transmission attached. Bottom two feet of 6 doors that are solid for the rust repair on the  doors and body,  trunk hinges, all stainless and rear window.  The car itself is fully packed with parts and my van is loaded as well.   I don't have another restoration in me, and Todd bought the other 41 3 window I bought from Keith Lee about two years ago. I think this will be a great project for Todd and his son.

My neighbor and I will leave Kent, Oh, this morning at 8, and 535 miles later arrive at Todds.  One heck of a project, but I have seen several done like this over the years.

Tom

IMG_0442.JPG

Edited by Tom_Overfield (see edit history)

I have done central Mass to Akron more times than I can count.  My mom grew up there, then soapbox derby, then stopping by to see a friend whenever I'm passing through.   I assume you are going straight down 80 to 81/84?

I also understand about not having another restoration in you.  My dad just finished his last car, but it took him over 50 years.

Yes indeed, that is the route we took but traffic was horrible and getting three massive traffic jams that delayed out arrival by three hours , we finally got there about 7:30.  Took the same route back home and it took 8 hours and very light traffic.  No clue why such heavy traffic all day Sunday .

i bought my car in 1976, and just finished the restoration at the end of this past May.  I know his pain.  I have one more car to get rid of as there is now way I am going to even start the process.

Tom