jdshott

37 Pontiac front brake line routing?

jdshott    0

Pontiac Flathead Owners:

I am trying to get a 1937 2-door touring sedan ready to run for the first time since 1968.  I'm starting with brakes ... and have rebuilt the front wheel cylinders and master cylinders.

Now I am ready to run the brake lines on the front, but what I took off looked more like a roller coaster than factory-routed lines.  Does anyone either have a description or a photo of how the lines should be routed through and then across the front crossmember?

Secondly, the front brass tee (from the master to the L and R front wheels) has a "rib" on the back of it as if is used to fit into a slot on a mounting tab.  Are replacements of that tee and/or the mounting tab available?  I have been unable to find a replacement.

Thanks for your consideration,

John

jdshott    0

Tinindian:

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  The Filling Station looks to be an interesting resource ... and one that I had not stumbled across myself.  .

Note: thus far, the closest "tee with bracket" that I have been able to find is the TE06 from Inline Tube.  While it may not be perfect, I think that it will work in this application.  Here is a link to this item on their Ebay store:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-16-Inverted-Flare-Brake-Line-Brass-Tee-3-8-24-All-Sides-With-Bracket-TE06-1pc-/191869208041?hash=item2cac4bc5e9:g:zJIAAOSwt7pXMkZc&vxp=mtr

Thanks again,

John