Upholstery Needed

Crazy4cruz

I just had my seats done on my 64' by Bruce at Triple C auto upholstery. He is a one man show with years of experience. Great job , on time as promised, excellent work, price was consistant with other shops. See his YELP reviews also. Highly recommend. He is in the South area off of Quinta ct.

Edited by TallJohn
omission oops (see edit history)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TallJohn said:

I just had my seats done on my 64' by Bruce at Triple C auto upholstery. He is a one man show with years of experience. Great job , on time as promised, excellent work, price was consistant with other shops. See his YELP reviews also. Highly recommend. He is in the South area off of Quinta ct.

Thanks TallJohn, I'll check him out.

16 hours ago, RivNut said:

Check page R20 in the Clarks Corvair Riviera catalog. Theyou have door panel upholstery for all 1st generation Rivieras.  They also have replacement backing boards as well as the windace shown on page R8.

www.corvair.com

If I was starting from scratch I would definitely go to Clark's.  My door panels were completely redone right before I purchased the car about 5 years ago.  Problem is that I replaced all of my carpeting (heater core failure) with cut & sewn from Clark's so now the carpeting on the lower half of the door panels does not match with what I just installed.  It's a different shade of green and is a shorter loop.  Clark's cut & sewn included extra carpeting for kick plates and door panels so I have what I need, just need a shop to take all the stitching out of the existing door panels, remove the existing carpet, and replace with my Clark's cut & sewn so they all matchy matchy.  Still need to order my kick plates from Clark's as well but that's next month. :-)

There's a hole in the wall shop on Belvedere Avenue in Sacramento, in one of the little strip side shop areas, down the street from the HP Hood plant (the old Crystal Creamery plant).  I saw them working on older cars, had no experience with them, but sometimes these little shops have good knowledge still available. 

I spent a lot of time at the Hood plant......converting it to an Extended Shelf Life (ESL) beverage production facility....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crazy4cruz said:

Thanks TallJohn, I'll check him out.

Talljohn,

Spoke to Bruce this morning.  Nice guy.  $75 per panel with my carpeting and I'll be good to go.  Thanks for the info.  Said it's a small job so he'll need to work it in between his larger projects but I'm in no rush so it's all good.  Says he remembers your seats because, and I quote... "those first gen riviera seats are a PITA to work on.:D