Sell/Trade: 1921 Dodge Brothers Touring (Price Reduced)

(CAR HAS BEEN SOLD) Selling or Trading a 1921 Dodge Brothers Touring car. This car has a fully restored body, motor, transmission, roof and interior. The car starts up reliably and putters down the road charmingly at 35-45mph. Has solid wooden artillery wheels that are restored and tight. Good rubber tires and tubes with a good spare.

The interior upholstery was redone and is soft and very comfortable with good springs. Has original floorboards & carpeting. There are two repaired roof tears along the back sides. The top does fold down and clamp into the original roof clamps on each side. All lights work and all gauges and instruments are functional. Oil shows good pressure and Dodge speedometer works well. Large Dodge horn is there but not wired.

The rods and pistons are good and the car has aluminum pistons. The oil pan was dropped and cleaned and all new gaskets installed including the oil pump and seals. The timing chain was inspected and is factory tight. Has an original Detroit Lubricator working carburetor and vacuum canister. Gas tank is clean and sealed. Working water-pump and good cleaned radiator. The car, like many 20s cars, does drip some oil.

This is a great example of a Dodge Brothers automobile and you can putter around in this and enjoy a by-gone era. Has a 3-speed manual transmission. The brakes work as good as any 1920s car. The emergency brake doesn’t hold too well and there is some play in the steering, but that can be expected. Has a clean title.

Please ask any questions and I can take more pics as needed. Thanks for looking.  Located in Oswego, IL about 45min west of Chicago.

Edited by fozz71
added pics & lowered price (see edit history)

That is an excellent ad, everyone selling using these forums should take a lesson from this.  I do not like the red fenders but it is a personal choice .  Best of luck with your sale.  Gary

What great car at a reasonable price.  It will soon be 100 years old and can carry a lot more people in a parade than the Model A Roadster in the garage.  Paint the fenders black and enjoy it.  I found one like it 40+ years ago while I was doing my first 34 Ford, couldn't afford two at a time.  To bad. but I bet I couldn't have duplicated this one for $12,500 in any of the last 3 decades..  

I agree, I've seen this car posted for sale before, the fenders wouldn't scare me off, easily removed and repainted as mentioned.

Heck, the Model T guys argue over whether to use Rustoleum or John Deere Blitz Black to repaint fenders, so this is a no brainer!

Nice car.  I've owned five early Dodge Brothers, great dependable cars.  Not sexy, not the most stylish, but start every time and get you where you want to go.  Except for the very early 1914/15 DB's, they just don't bring big money, but buy a good one at a fair price and you'll be happy......

Thanks for the testimonials, it is indeed a well-restored and solid car. Once you drive it, you'll love it! Must be a bad time to sell a old Dodge Brothers car? Anyway, if anyone wants a steal of a deal- drop me a text 630-935-8561