lincoln zephyr v12 1939

Guest luisrocha

Guest luisrocha

Hello
I need help to retrieve this car, zephyr v12 sedan from 1939.somebody has the parts manual , mechanic books , diagrams , car background dimensions chassis , hood plans or dimension or parts to sell. Thank you

SAM_4650.JPG

SAM_4435.JPG

SAM_4637.JPG

I have a '39 lincoln Zephyr Sedan drivers side door which is in fair shape It has no insides, windows or hardware. The curve on the bottom is in good shape. If interested please contact.

cdan34@att.net    415 388 2882

Chuck

Is this your 1st restoration? Are you in the U.S. ? The reason I ask this question is, it is easier  and less expensive  to obtain

parts. Does it have a V12 and the correct transmission? I'am don't mean to "knock" your car but it looks very rough. Is there

sentimental attachment to this car. ?  How solid is the frame? If you really like the Zephyrs, perhaps check out another car. 

It is a 4 dr. sedan and not a Conv. coupe or a Conv.sedan. All of your time and money put into this project , and you will never

get it back. But, sometimes this does not matter. There are sources for  books and manuals available on this Club website

Good luck--- Larry

If you are able to restore this car, you need to consider the value when it's restored as the parts and time to do it will exceed the value you create.  With floors rusted out and other sheet metal parts, much of it will have to be customized and welded into place.  If the frame is rusted out that will be a big expense.  Sometimes you can find another one similar and take parts to repair/replace the ones you will need. Engine...transmission....rear end....all expensive to replace.  Coupes and convertibles are the ones in demand for these vehicles, sedans not much in most of the years from 1936-1948.  It would be a beautiful car if you can restore it finding all the missing pieces. Good luck with it!