Power Antenna 82 Riviera

meteor

4 hours ago, meteor said:

Well,looking at it all, there is only one way to get to it. Have to take the inner wheel cover out.

Thanks for all your input. Many responses for 1st. gen Rivs, not so much for newer ones. Roger

Roger,

When I replace an antenna on this model I remove the hood hinge and remove and install the antenna from the top. Be sure to support the rear edge of the hood with a 2X4 or something that will not scratch paint. Hope this helps,

Tom Mooney

Thanks Tom, That looks like it will work. Can it be done by myself or should I wait for a helper?

My helper just went to work, poor girl.

Barney, The antenna was working just fine before it fell. Hopefully it still does, if not I will be in touch.

Roger

Hi Roger, is that a 1938-40 Buick in your icon photo? Looks interesting. Good luck with your antenna!

13 hours ago, meteor said:

Well,looking at it all, there is only one way to get to it. Have to take the inner wheel cover out.

Thanks for all your input. Many responses for 1st. gen Rivs, not so much for newer ones. Roger

Your right, we are lucky with the responses we get for first and second generation Riviera, however be patient. There are lots of great heads on this forum and their combined knowledge and help is priceless.

The amount of time, money and effort that you will save through this forum is amazing, just be prepared to wait. 

Just my two bobs worth from down under?

1 hour ago, meteor said:

Thanks Tom, That looks like it will work. Can it be done by myself or should I wait for a helper?

My helper just went to work, poor girl.

Barney, The antenna was working just fine before it fell. Hopefully it still does, if not I will be in touch.

Roger

Hi Roger,

I have no problem doing the job myself but I am a tech with well over 30 years in the trade....you should be able to manage it depending on your dexterity,

Tom

Rodney, Yes that is a 40 Special. I do get a little impatient at times but this forum is fantastic and I use it all the time.

Tom, That worked out well,antenna back in service. I did pumps,drive motors and refer equipment for 35 yrs.

Always tinkered with cars but I seem to have gotten that car collector disease and there is always something

that needs to be repaired.

Thanks to all, Roger