Rivieras At The 2017 BCA National Meet

Riviera63

9 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Thanks Bill for the extra photos, great to see the big four notes now installed. It looks absolutely immaculate in the photos, everything fits properly. Looks like brand new.

Like to be a fly on the wall to see what you do to clean and detail it before an event. It's nice to find out  all those little things that owners like yourself do that bring a car up to the standard of yours.

BTW I have now installed the lid of the air cleaner with the 445 Wildcat so it is in line with the snorkel . In other words It is skewed slightly toward the right. I think I saw this orientation of the lid on a sales brochure or other Riviera literature just recently. Perhaps you might know or others could chime in.

Many thanks for the reply! Rodney

And once your missus has killed you after changing the seats, will she be selling your car ??? ?????

8 hours ago, bodayguy said:

You get 400 points from me - stunning!

Again, thanks for the kind words guys. Rodney, I will be honest I am not nearly as obsessive as I was when I got my first collector car or as energetic as I was when I was 16. When I had my first cars I would wash and wax my car just for fun or because I didn't have anything else to do. Oh, to have that youthful energy back. Cleaning cars just isn't as much fun as it used to be! I drive my car so it gets dirty and I can't avoid some cleaning chores. I have no secret formula. I try to find items on my car that are not up to snuff and replace those items with an item of better quality. Within reason if I see a piece that is an improvement on something on my car I get it. Such as you are doing with the chrome pieces on your car. I have pretty much stopped washing my car with water. I might do a water wash once a season now. There are several quality waterless car wash formulas out there. It's fast and can be done anywhere. That being said sometimes you just have to do a water wash. Usually I will gather my forces and do one monster car cleaning where I go over everything top to bottom, front to back, inside and out that takes 1-2 days. For example I did this before I went to the BCA Meet. One thing I do now that I never used to do is go over the entire car with a clay bar. It is amazing how many contaminants there are in the paint. That gets the paint as smooth as glass. Add a coat of wax and you've got one slippery surface that is very easy to clean. You can even clay your window glass and get that super smooth. I will go over the all of the chrome with metal polish. The interior, engine compartment and trunk are just dust and wipe. One thing I have learned is not to get lazy and let the car get too dirty. Once the monster clean is done I try to do a quick touch up once in awhile to keep it that way. I have also found that even though the car is garaged to keep the windows up and the car covered will save a lot cleaning later on. I take the wire wheel covers off during the winter. On a cold, snowy winter day I will disassemble, wash, metal polish and wax them. I may do this once in the summer as well. Nothing different than I'm sure that thousands of other car guys such as yourself do. I don't think I have anything that I can teach you, your car is looking pretty good as well.

Bill

P.S. I changed my will and the car will be left to you.

Edited by Riviera63
revise text (see edit history)

Bill,

thats nice, but please make sure you live a long long time because

1. My garage will take two but only just.

2. For some reason, I really want a '66 too! I keep telling my partner, Jo that it would be as zippy and nimble and as easy to park as her Suzuki Swift, but she is just not buying that one at all.

3. I would be undecided which one to take out for the day.

?????

Rodney

17 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Bill,

thats nice, but please make sure you live a long long time because

1. My garage will take two but only just.

2. For some reason, I really want a '66 too! I keep telling my partner, Jo that it would be as zippy and nimble and as easy to park as her Suzuki Swift, but she is just not buying that one at all.

3. I would be undecided which one to take out for the day.

?????

Rodney

Rodney,

Let me get this straight. You are worried about having too many Rivieras? Such a dilemma. Apparently, I have to rethink my will again. There must be someone out there that would take a free Riviera. 

Bill

Bill,

happy that are leaving me your Riviera , much appreciated. ??? one can NEVER have too many Rivieras. Thinking seven is the ideal, one for each day. All different colours of course. And you could mix the years too.

So more than happy to make room for another and another and another .....

cheers

Rodney