Sign in to follow this  
Rivman

ROA International Meet – Overland Park KS, June 25-28, 2018

We are moving east to the Heartland of America. Our host hotel, the DoubleTree by Hilton is in Overland Park, KS, a suburb of the Kansas City area. The dates will be June 25 - 28 (Monday through Thursday).

Details including the schedule of events, and the registration form will be posted on the ROA website at www.rivowners.org as soon as it becomes available.

59614c0d81d9a_2018MeetArt.thumb.jpg.0d56b94c40b9a485b651805fcfda932b.jpg

It's never too early to mark your calendar and make plans to join us at what is expected to be a very large event.

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Another quick addition, actually a correction ...

I was informed the second paragraph of the info on the website for the meet was incorrect, see below.

Tours and activities are being finalized. Kansas City, Missouri is only 15 minutes away and offers a city center with many attractions. The most famous is the World War 1 Museum and Memorial. Others include a museum on the history of the Mississippi Missouri River, as well as others featuring art, history, sports, and jazz. Access to these attractions is made possible by a light rail within the city. City center also includes many bars and restaurants.

I was told you CAN go see Mississippi River museums from Overland Park, however, it would be around a four-hour drive to get there.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

Just waiting for registration to come online to so we can register early, and would hope all register so plans can be made accordingly.

Ted M

Edited by 07 HD
signature (see edit history)

If you're driving in from the west, do yourself a favor and take US 36 across northern Kansas.  Very cool road; you (and your car) will dig it.

• Like 1

Another scenic route ("is this really Kansas, I thought Kansas was flat?") is to take US 24 east out of Colby, then pick up KS 18 just outside of Hill City.  It ends in Junction City where you pick up I-70 for the rest of the trip east.  Gotta' stop in Lucas and visit the Garden of Eden.

If you're coming up I-35 from Dallas, Oklahoma City, or Wichita, get off I-35 at Emporia and take Old Highway 50 from Emporia to Ottawa.  Stop at Guy and Mae's Tavern in WIlliamsburg for some tasty Bar B Que.  Voted one of Kansas' "8 Wonders of Kansas" for cuisine.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 5:34 PM, Rivman said:

It looks like Ray has gotten the tours set and the registration form complete and posted on the website ...

5a1de3029180d_REGISTRATIONFORM2018b.thumb.jpg.9d5407bffea6648d063dc6eac3c41d64.jpg

Here is a link to the fillable PDF of the Registration form ...

Click here for the registration form

As said before, it's never to early to mark your calendar.

I will fly to the ROA meet in Kansas City. What airports best to fly to for the meet?

thank you

Red Riviera Bob

Bob,

I'd think Kansas City International (Code MCI) will be your best option by far for flight availability. Its only about 30 mi from Overland Park

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

I will fly to the ROA meet in Kansas City. What airports best to fly to for the meet?

thank you

Red Riviera Bob

The Kansas City International airport.  It's the only commercial airport in the metro KC area.  When you're looking to book your flight,  the code for Kansas City is:  MCI  (stands for Mid Continent International)

Ed

On 1/4/2018 at 1:18 PM, RivNut said:

The Kansas City International airport.  It's the only commercial airport in the metro KC area.  When you're looking to book your flight,  the code for Kansas City is:  MCI  (stands for Mid Continent International)

Ed

Ed, thank you. I get confused with states that split airports, city names, etc. I get lost real easy 

Don't worry about states.  Kansas City is a generic name for all of the Kansas and Missouri cities that make up the metropolitan area.  There is a Kansas City, Kansas and a Kansas City, Missouri.  The name of the street that separates them is 

- wait for it. 

STATE LINE ROAD.      How original

We'll be in Overland Park, Kansas which is a part of the metro area.  All of the streets in both states share the same numbers for the east/west streets.  MCI is on the I-435 loop on the north side of "town" and our hotel is on the I-435 loop on the south side of "town." If you get lost, you must be driving with tour eyes closed.  😑  It's just one big town.  😁

As the time gets closer, I'll post explicit directions.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Suppose a fellow wanted to attend only one day, but that one day was not Thursday (i.e. no show, no banquet).  Would that require the $80 registration?

3 minutes ago, KongaMan said:

Suppose a fellow wanted to attend only one day, but that one day was not Thursday (i.e. no show, no banquet).  Would that require the $80 registration?

I don't know if that has been asked before, but if it has it would probably be best to send Ray an email, he would be the best one to answer that question.