Sign in to follow this  
Rivman

ROA International Meet – Overland Park KS, June 25-28, 2018

There is no for sale car corral at ROA National Meets.

3 hours ago, DShip said:

There is no for sale car corral at ROA National Meets.

Actually Dave, there is.

It just does not get used very much. The last meets I recall that had cars for sale were Hershey/Harrisburg 2010, there was one or two, and the same amount in Asheville in 2007.

There is NO "For Sale" signs allowed on the show field, but if any do register we do set up a separate car-corral.

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

There is NO "For Sale" signs aloud on the show field, but if any do register we do set up a separate car-corral.

Ah, that's what I now remember.  I knew there was some level of restriction or such!  Thanks for jogging my memory.

Edited by DShip (see edit history)

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, NC68Riviera said:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of attendees rides!  :wub:

Anyone in attendance get any pictures to post?

I'm sure we will see the meet pictures added to the ROA Photo Gallery but I was hoping we could get a sneak peak until that happens.

Anyone?

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 11:29 AM, Bdad said:

Is there, by any chance, a list of cars attending that would be for sale? I'm still looking for a '64/'65 Riv and was wondering is there was a place to look to see who was attending that might be selling?

Very light turn out.  Ray says the timing and place of the BCA event last week probably kept a lot of attendees away.  I saw some people taking pictures but not anyone who participates on this forum.  Looks like everyone might have to wait for the next Riview.

Is there, by any chance, a list of cars attending that would be for sale? I'm still looking for a '64/'65 Riv and was wondering is there was a place to look to see who was attending that might be selling?

The only first gen that I saw for sale was a gold ‘63

Great pics, guys, thanks for sharing, but you're killing me here...

I attend a number of different car shows, meets, etc both local and regional, and to be honest, I'm ecstatic to see more than a couple classics Riv's at any one of these events. To have the opportunity, to see a 'gaggle' (??) of Rivieras, and nothing but, under beautiful blues skies, I can't imagine how many packs of "Mens Depends" I would need to attend one of these ROA events...😊

Seriously, I tried to schedule attending this event  as I was travelling to eastern Canada on business last week, and if my business had been this week, (or the ROA meet last week) I would've easily (or somehow) puddle jumped flights my way home via Kansas...  but no such luck.

In lieu, I rented a car from Toronto, ON to drive to London, ON, (2.5hrs+/-) and picked up four ('64) complete spinners for the cast aluminium wheel covers, and two complete headlight housing/chrome grille assemblies that I found on-line, (kijiji dot ca) but the seller wasn't keen on shipping. All in very good condition, all for CDN$300 (US$226.) I then drove to Niagara Falls, for a couple days of touristing, and one business meeting so I could write-off the rental car...😉 All in all, a reasonably good compromise for missing this event...

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the pics, guys, great stuff...

Later,

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

----

Thanks Steve and Al!!!

Looks like a nice collection of Rivieras even with a light turn-out.

Just curious, did either of you get a shot of the dark blue Boattail parked next to the modified '65 with wire wheels in post #33? Just wanted to see a better picture of it if there is one available.

Thanks again,

5 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

The only first gen that I saw for sale was a gold ‘63

That 63 is advertised in the latest Riview.  

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

Thanks Steve and Al!!!

Looks like a nice collection of Rivieras even with a light turn-out.

Just curious, did either of you get a shot of the dark blue Boattail parked next to the modified '65 with wire wheels in post #33? Just wanted to see a better picture of it if there is one available.

Thanks again,

6E304392-B291-4A14-9461-802AB8910937.jpeg

E1478D36-9054-4297-B8ED-32A5CDAA1CF8.jpeg

4732342E-11E0-4DCA-8D63-56B66E23E1C7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1