Art Work Review: Nick Toth

NC1968Riviera

I recently commissioned ROA member Mr. Nick Toth (#3507) to do a little concept art work for me using a photo of my '68 Riv, "Aqua Zephyr". (image below)

Riviera-School-1.thumb.jpg.b35ec1fad356cfa8cc45822372b6ab21.jpg

I asked for a two-tone color scheme using the original Aqua Mist as the top color and a dusk blue along the flanks. I also asked for Red Line tires and come classic chrome wheels. We settled on a beach background because a forum member had earlier stated the car would look great at the beach.  Mr. Toth produced two versions of a final print for me, as seen below (my printed copies don't have any watermarkings on them). He charged me $44.00 for my final print and digital copies, which included shipping and handling.

Riviera-Beach-2.jpg.11c35f3a68c2e6f1af2ca7d14b385100.jpg

The version below has a little background beach clutter. I prefer the version above as it is a cleaner image, in my opinion.

Riviera-Beach-1.jpg.6cd4387a8014169d1ea0f31ce3c65d39.jpg

I highly recommend Mr. Toth if you are interested in having a custom rendering of your car created. He also sells pencil sketches of different automobiles on his website: www.car-drawings.com. He can be reached at nlt99@aol.com.

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Needs surf boards on the top!

He does nice work and I like the look.  Picking nits: the red lines are just a little too close to the wheels.  It'd be perfect if the red lines were a slightly larger diameter.  Somehow the white lines look different at the same size.

2 hours ago, NCRiviera said:

Look to the left and right of the bumpers and you will see beach chairs in the bottom photo and only sand in the middle photo.

What a color combo! B) Gorgeous

Please do red lines...brings me back to first collections. Shame there's no Rivi's

$_57.jpg

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

PWB funny you show a Hot Wheels car. I still have my Hot Wheels set my uncle gave me in 1969 that came in the big plastic wheel carrier. I even still have most of the metal medallions that came with the cars. (now where did I store those things?) :-)

Edited by NCRiviera (see edit history)

Your two tone concept was one I thought about for my Riviera Mike,  but with the darker color on top and a lighter bottom color, without a vinyl roof.

The 2nd generation body style is a very neat design that can lend itself to many subtle two tone color combinations.

The uncluttered version is also my preference too, but I also prefer the original Buick chrome road wheels!

Red lines are great too, but those after market, 'classic' wheels just don't suit the car, unless your after the 'Hot Wheels' look (imho).

. . . below: The sun provided the two tone here, but you can visualize the end result !

595e7478799fb_FinalHazeldeanCruiseNite05.jpg.d1cf0cec32e4097e480f0fda202088d3.jpg

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...