Daily Video Vlog from the Nationals

Mudbone

I am planning on doing a daily video Vlog at the Nationals so all of you who cannot make it this year can join us. They will be posted on this page. I will be relying completely on my phone so editing will be minimal. No promises, I will just do the best I can. I will do a practice video on the 4th before we leave. (Anyone that wants do an interview with their car let me know) Mud

Edited by Mudbone (see edit history)
  • Like 12

Great videos Mud, really appreciating it!!  and hey, I am getting to watch them on our new 4K HDR big screen (49 in. which is big for us) which was bought as consolation for not making it to the Nationals. Look forward to following and hope to see some fitty fos and tirty eights soon. Oh and the forum gathering too. :D

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 11:13 PM, Mudbone said:

One Bid did not like interstate driving. Lost about 1.5 gallons 3 miles from hotel. Apparently I did not fix it. I may try a higher psi cap for the ride home.

What helped me keep a relatively consistent heat was installing a 180 degree thermostat in my 264.  When I had the 160 degree themostat the heat would steady climb to hot at highway speeds.   I'm also of mind that highway speeds air does not flow well through the radiator.  Like a buffer zone of dead air is created at speed.  Could be out of my head on that.   

Possible some rusty scale in the water jackets?  

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 7/6/2017 at 11:58 AM, MrEarl said:

Great videos Mud, really appreciating it!!  and hey, I am getting to watch them on our new 4K HDR big screen (49 in. which is big for us) which was bought as consolation for not making it to the Nationals. Look forward to following and hope to see some fitty fos and tirty eights soon. Oh and the forum gathering too. :D

Only saw a couple 54s. Hope to see more tomorrow!

• Like 1

One day of rain has nothing on 50+ years of entropy, believe me! My car isn't a rust bucket by any means and has been stored outside for the last 30+ years. Granted it was covered, but still :P You guys will be fine. Don't let the weather ruin your Buick fun, the rain is the only time I get to spin rubber in the 56.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, MrEarl said:

Hope the image of the gold Riviera didn't put too much strain on the wall!  The "big picture" of a "big car" and all!  Probably looked great, too.  As a trial run before the slideshow of '54 Buicks is finalized.

Thanks for the vlog, Mud!  Nice touch!  

NTX5467

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, old-tank said:

How did the car perform on the way home?

After about an hour the temp gauge started going above the top of the H so I told Sue I had to turn the heaters on as I didn't want to take any chances. That brought it down to just under the H. When we got home I used my temp gun and it was only reading *185. I took the 7 lb cap to work to test and it won't even hold 4 psi. I will install a real gauge and see what temp it is really reaching and go from there.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

It may be awhile before I can post anymore National videos. First my mobile tablet quit that I use for inspections. I had just got the new tablet working then the business desktop computer crashed after a power outage Monday. It may take me awhile to get the new desktop up and running with all the backup files. For what I have spent so far on computers I could have had some chrome work done!

OH NO! :o

I had the same thing happen with my desktop PC one year ago December and exactly the same way, by a power outage that came back on immediately. According to the "Geek Squad" that was enough to crash and kill the hard drive. Fortunately it was not quite over the 1 year warranty and that hard drive was replaced but... not any of the information  :angry: and no.... I wasn't smart enough to have made back ups sooo .... I had to start all over from scratch!!! Guess what I do now?!

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this Mud. 

The starting cost to recover the data was quoted at 1,200.00 with no guarantee and more if I wanted to dig deeper.

Technology! Mr Gates sure has created a monster.... and we really want a car running on electricity run by computers?? Can't wait!

• Like 1

Glad you captured Davids car, I was impressed with his work and enthusiasm; he is a very smart young man.  I spent time talking to him about his fuel injection system, missed the unique dash set up.  If the BCA appreciates younger members, David is a great example.  It seems to me that a good number of people collect their vintage cars based on an earlier lifetime exposure.  David may not have that but he is surely attracted by the appealing design of the Buick.

He has broken the ice for me;  I would no longer hesitate to show a partially completed car.  While showing his car, people approached him with offers like "hey I have that piece of door trim, it's in great shape.  I need $x for it.  I hope he was able to collect several missing parts while at this show.

• Like 2