My car turns 63 today!

Frantz

If you count the sale date that is... I figure before the car is sold it's still in the womb (plus I don't know the build date). I ordered her a set of head gaskets yesterday, they won't be in until Friday. But I'll probably get the heads pulled tonight and putz around a little. 1954 Ford Customline. It's my birthday too, but I didn't come around until 1983. It's still fun to share a birthday with my car! I had a 1983 Chevy Malibu that was 7 days younger than me by the same method. Does anyone else have a shared birthday car (by whatever method you want to justify)?

IMG_20160324_164614.jpg

Susan's 1948 MGTC celebrated a birthday a couple of weekends ago. To-the-day, the anniversary was on the day of the Moss Motors festival in Petersburg, Va.  What better way to celebrate than front row at a British car show, surrounded by admiring people and other neat cars.  It was a great time.

Terry

IMG_5101.JPG

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Neat Ford!  Congrats on your choice to keep a 50's car on the road.

Best story I can offer on cars and birthdays is in 1983 I took delivery of a brand new Chevy Camaro Z28 on my birthday. It was bright red, 5 speed, AM-FM cassette radio and AC equipped, my first ever AC car.  I got the loan for it at the credit union where I worked.  They put the check in a birthday card for me!

Terry

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I don't have a big nose. And I sure don't let chickens sit on it!

If you repeat what I wrote above, please enunciate!

Apologies was only pulling your leg, Must be the sleek lines then , and I also wouldn't let chickens sit on that lovely car either.

Congrats on your choice to keep a 50's car on the road.

She sorta found me. I knew of her for awhile actually and sorta assumed I was going to buy it eventually, and then the opportunity came up. That's what I saw the original title date. It needs some work/time/money to get road worthy but I think it'll be a perfect car for my family and I to enjoy. Plus it was built in the Chester PA assembly plant, and as a native of the state with long family history here, I think it's awesome to have a Ford made in PA.

My younger brother (not really a car guy) has had me looking for something 1951 for years.

Just cant get him to pull the trigger.

If he ever does I hope he gets something simple and dependable as I will be having to travel to Palm Springs to work on it.

Feel free to show me what you may have.

I have had a few 1948 somethings over the years but that has worn off by now.

The Chrysler I finished recently titled as a 46, I guess if someone ever finds a VIN other than what is on the door pillar they might find that there are many 48 parts there. The chassis and front tin for sure.

001.JPG