Early Ford Bronco needed this Thursday 6/29 in PDX

***Portland, Oregon

A friend of mine posted this. They are very specific in what they want so must match this description to be considered:

FORD Bronco year 66-75 is now needed this Thursday in downtown Portland for an ad shoot.  Must look kinda beat up.  Great money. Anyone?  Doesn't have to run.

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, TheMoneyPit said:

If it were Portland Maine, I would be able to put you in touch with someone,  but my guess is you are referring to the other Portland... the one in Kansas, right? Or is it Texas? Kentucky?

Good question. Oregon. Added to title. Ty!

PDX is the airport code for Portland, Oregon, but I can see how many wouldn't know that. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

I do think it is funny because it seems like everyone assumes you should know what every TLA (three letter acronym) stands for, and not having to fly for business anymore I didn't even think airport code.

I hope you have luck finding a Bronco for this, I was having a little fun figuring you meant Oregon and apologize for it...

1 hour ago, TheMoneyPit said:

....I was having a little fun figuring you meant Oregon and apologize for it...

I think it was funny and it's ok to have a little good natured fun. 

If you come to KY you can go to London, Paris, Versailles, Bagdad and others all in one day without ever getting on an airplane. Plus you might meet Mitch or Rand, now that would really be frightening 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SC38DLS said:

If you come to KY you can go to London, Paris, Versailles... 

Pennsylvania has Denver, East Berlin, and even Venus and Mars!

I hope your friends find the Bronco they seek.

I think if they expanded their list and gave more notice,

they'd be much more likely to get something interesting.

Let us know, Victoria, how it goes.

• Like 1

I'm not sure but I messaged her to ask. I saw a post on FB by her and thought I'd try but I agree that wasn't enough notice. I don't know her well, more like a work contact. I will let you know when she responds. 

Thanks for for trying everyone!

As I was typing this she messaged and said they did but I don't have any details. 

11 hours ago, SC38DLS said:

Sorry if I was the cause for the hijack. It was just caused by the Portland possibilities and what the 3 letter airport code meant. Again sorry.  

International Civil Aviation Organization airport code or ICAO

icao airport code -  PDX ..

If you fly this is good to know.. what is the ICAO for Heresy Pa. -- MDT

Just to confuse things, several years ago, most U.S. airports adopted the ICAO airport identification code system.  For airports located in the Continental U.S., ICAO specifies the use of the prefix "K".  For example, Miami International Airport was changed from MIA to KMIA, Key West International Airport was changed from EYW to KEYW and the Portland, Oregon International Airport was changed from PDX to KPDX.  I understand that a few airports have retained the old three letter FAA identifiers, but I don't know which ones those may have been.  Most of the current and retired aviation community folks I know (I know quite a few) still use the old FAA three letter identifiers; hence, for example, Miami International remains MIA in our conversations.  I haven't flown commercial in quite a while (I hope that the need never arises in future), so I don't know if the baggage tags/tapes/stickers retain the three letter identifier or if they've adopted the ICAO scheme.  Of course, most checked bags are now marked in indecipherable (to most of us) bar codes with airport Identifiers in much smaller letters.

Back to the topic of the thread:  Victorialynn2, did the PDX Bronco ever materialize?

From Paisley, Florida, NOT Paisley, Scotland, Cheers,

Grog

P.S.  Other than some inviting-looking cow pastures, there are no airports in the Florida Paisley, international or otherwise; however, Paisley, Scotland (U.K.) is the home of Glasgow International Airport (IATA-GLA or ICAO-EGPF).

• Like 1

Grog,

I was told a Bronco was located but am not privy to additional info. 

I last flew 4/16. The tags were still 3 digits for SAN and PDX. When I book flights online, they are still 3 letters. 

Here is the last tag to SAN for my traveling partner. It also shows the "position", which includes PDX as the origin airport along with some letters after that I don't know the meaning of. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 6/28/2017 at 9:17 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

Pennsylvania has Denver, East Berlin, and even Venus and Mars!

A few years ago the New York State Tourism Association had a conference in Batavia, New York., about 350 miles from New York City where the Association is based.

Part of the program was a satellite Q & A conference with the "movers and shakers" in charge, in the city.

A woman started her question by stating "I have a dude ranch in Mexico". The faces on the big screen were totally dumbfounded. Then one regained composure and asked "If you have a dude ranch in Mexico, Why are you talking to us?" The crowd was rolling in the aisle. Yes, there is a Mexico, New York.

Even I live in Sweden and know that.

DSC_1494.JPG

It has been about 10 years since I last flew a private plane but at the time all of the GPS input codes were 3 digit codes. 

If you grew up in the Chicago metro area when the good mayor Daily (the first one) you did not call the airport O'Hare it was O'Hara!  They still have a WW2 fighter in the concourse painted in the same way Butch O'Hare's plane was when he became an ace.