Steve Moskowitz

2018 Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance and AACA

Recommended Posts

February 23-25, 2018 is this year's Boca Raton Concours.  In an unprecedented move the concours committee will recognize AACA and the cars of our members.  As such we are attempting to put together a display of cars that will show the evolution of the automobile by decade thru the 70's as we have a limited number of cars we can invite.  We are looking for show quality cars that would like to participate in this event.  A special memento of this event will go to all car owners and those cars will be eligible for all the special awards at the concours.  Please contact Steve Moskowitz at aaca1@aaca.org for an entry form.  Thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have two 1939 Buicks, a sidemounted Special sedan with leather interior and a Special 4dr convertible.  The sedan is a Grand National Senior (2000), twice nominated for a National Award; and the convertible is a Senior (2004).  Both are longtime restorations.  We also have a 1971 Buick Riviera that is a more recent Senior car, twice nominated for a National Award.  It has been toured, however, for the last two years.  The cars are in Sebring, FL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to say thank you to Steve Moskowitz for all the help with the Boca event. While my car was not accepted for the AACA part of the show, I was informed that the Concours was looking into my entry for the regular classes. It all worked out and was glad to hear that the AACA had so many entries for the '60's and "70's cars as this meant there was a large interest in attending. While at the MuscleCar and Corvette Nationals in Chicago last week, I was pleased to recieve an acceptance into the event! It will be a long haul from NY and I have contacted the sponsoring Transportation Co. (Passport) to take the car back and forth to the show. The car is my '73 Buick Gran Sport Stage 1 4 Speed. The car was shown for the 1st time at this years Hershey event where it won it's First Junior Award. The topper to the weekend in Chicago was the car won a Concours Award with 999 (really 1000) points out of 1000 points. On top of that the car won the Platinum Pick Judges Award Best Buick in the show. My reservations to the Boca Resort were made as soon as I got home. I am looking forward to attending this event and hopefully meeting the AACA members that will be attending. I will be making arrangements to attend the Gala Banquet Saturday evening and hoping to possibly being seated with some members as well. Who has received notice that they have been accepted to the "AACA Through the Decades" portion of the event? Again a BIG thanks to Mr. Moskowitz for the help. This event will be the 3rd time the car is being shown, and it was also invited to this years Greenwich Concours in June 2018. 

23722210_1506808742687695_4298805107146990655_n.jpg

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG

IMG_9944.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9913.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 11:37 AM, philip roitman said:

I just want to say thank you to Steve Moskowitz for all the help with the Boca event. While my car was not accepted for the AACA part of the show, I was informed that the Concours was looking into my entry for the regular classes. It all worked out and was glad to hear that the AACA had so many entries for the '60's and "70's cars as this meant there was a large interest in attending. While at the MuscleCar and Corvette Nationals in Chicago last week, I was pleased to receive an acceptance into the event! It will be a long haul from NY and I have contacted the sponsoring Transportation Co. (Passport) to take the car back and forth to the show.

 

 

*

*

Congratulations Philip!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations, Philip!  I saw your car at Hershey, and it's beautiful.  It's also the only 1973 Buick Gran Sports I've seen still surviving.  The condition it's in makes it even more impressive.  Congratulations on the Concours Award at the MCACN and the acceptance into the Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance.  Good luck!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Keith Martin's Sports Car Market magazine Boca Raton Concours insert for their next months magazine. Mr. Martin will be a judge at the event along with our illustrious leader Mr. Moskowitz, who will be a co chief Judge. P.S. Thank you Wayne and Mark for the nice responses, it is much appreciated. 

 

https://www.sportscarmarket.com/…/SCM_BocaRaton1801_digital…

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1903 Cadillac - A
1911 Marmon - 32
1911 White - GA Touring
1916 Ford - Model T
1917 Buick - D-45
1920 Hudson - Super-Six
1926 Pontiac - 6640
1927 Cadillac - 314 - A
1928 Graham Brothers 
1929 Erskine - 52
1930 Chevrolet - AD
1933 Chrysler - CO
1934 Chevrolet - Holden 
1935 Ford - Model 48
1937 Alvis - Speed 25
1940 Cadillac - 60 Special 
1940 Ford - Woody 
1941 Cadillac - Series 62
1946 Lincoln - Continental
1948 Chrysler - Town & Country
1950 Dodge - Coronet
1952 Ford - F-1
1955 Chevrolet - Bel Air
1956 Continental - MKII
1956 Packard - Caribbean
1957 Ford - Fairlane 
1965 Pontiac - GTO
1966 Chevrolet - Corvette
1968 Jaguar - XKE
1969 Chevrolet - Chevelle SS
1970 Plymouth - Barracuda 
1974 Detomaso - Pantera
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy, the goal was about 5 per "era" we chose. so 1900-1919, 1920-29, 1930-1939, 1940-1949, 1950-1959, 1960-1974  We will have roll up signs telling people about the industry in each of those eras.  Our cars are being placed in the very center of the show in a large circle and our Zenith Award winner is being showed in the middle!!  Chris and I are going to do a seminar on Saturday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 11:03 PM, Mark McAlpine said:

Congratulations, Philip!  I saw your car at Hershey, and it's beautiful.  It's also the only 1973 Buick Gran Sports I've seen still surviving.  The condition it's in makes it even more impressive.  Congratulations on the Concours Award at the MCACN and the acceptance into the Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance.  Good luck!

 

I'm a prewar BIG Classic guy and I think that car is the coolest!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Tommy, the goal was about 5 per "era" we chose. so 1900-1919, 1920-29, 1930-1939, 1940-1949, 1950-1959, 1960-1974  We will have roll up signs telling people about the industry in each of those eras.  Our cars are being placed in the very center of the show in a large circle and our Zenith Award winner is being showed in the middle!!  Chris and I are going to do a seminar on Saturday.

Steve,

I think you did an outstanding job as usual and I'm sure AACA will be well represented. See ya in Philly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now