Door Handle for 1927 Dodge Brothers Four Screen Express

juanatejeda

post-36483-143138817098_thumb.jpg

Hello all...

I haven't posted much for awhile, hope you all have been well.

We finally got our Paddy Wagon, the 1927 Dodge Brothers Four Screen, back from the County Garage. The fixed it again.  Took awhile, but finally found a mechanic that was willing to work on it. Most of our Mechanics just don't know or remember how to work on these old ones. If they can't plug it into a computer, they just don't know what to do.

Anyway, I took it to a local show and while I was there, the Driver's side door, Door Handle took a dive.  The latch won't come out and secure the door (I've got a Bungee cord holding the door closed.

Can any one refer me to someone that might have a replacement for the assembly. I'm not sure if I have to replace the whole thing or just the internals. I hoping that, maybe it's just a spring that need to be replaced, but I'm not sure how it works, as of yet. Just thought I would do a little research before I take it all apart. I may just wait for the off season, before I actually try to do the repair.  I have too many shows/displays on my calendar.

Anyway, any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

Juan 

Edited by juanatejeda
Add picture (see edit history)

Just a suggestion of a possible temporary fix.  I have one door latch on my Pontiac that pulls into the door and won't come out.  In my case it is just plain worn out.  I find if I don't turn the handle hard or all the way (just enough to open the door) it doesn't stick.  When stuck in the door I turn the handle gently and press in with one finger and ease the latch up.  It seems when worn it opens too far and slips down so it can't get out by itself.  Perhaps this idea might work on a Dodge as well.

Good luck