How to Remove Sunscreen Spots

DLynskey

Not an antique, but if anyone knows the secret you guys will.

My daughter stood next to her new Subaru while spraying sunscreen on herself at the beach last week. Now there are spots from the waterproof sunscreen all over the paint. Any suggestions on removing the spots?

Don

Don't know how many times I've reminded folks at car shows to please go someplace downwind when they spray that stuff.  Any of it, including (and especially) Off bug repellent will damage your paint.  Believe it eats clear coat!   Maybe there are some chemists watching here that can elaborate.  

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Subaru's are supposed to be self sacrificing for the sake of humans. I saw it in lots of TV ads. This might be another example. Subaru might buy the story. It could be more touching than the guy stealing the shift knob from his insurance company.

Bernie

On 6/26/2017 at 7:47 PM, Terry Bond said:

Don't know how many times I've reminded folks at car shows to please go someplace downwind when they spray that stuff.  Any of it, including (and especially) Off bug repellent will damage your paint.  Believe it eats clear coat!   Maybe there are some chemists watching here that can elaborate.  

Terry

If it eats paint.... what's it do to us??????????????????????? OMG!