63 wiper blade

Chasander

Glad this came up. I'm trying to find some Trico inserts here, but ones I bought won't fit as they are the snap off variety, black metal back. Will need to find some of the older stainless steel inserts and just fit rubbers. 

Ed, mine measure 17 and 1/4 inches long  when pushed flat on the table (435mm).

Is this the correct length as  thinking an 18 inch refill will be tooooooo long! ?

image.jpeg

Trico makes a "Classic" blade.  You need an 18" one.  Some sites will recommend a 15" blade. It works but there's no over lap and the Middle of your windshield never gets cleaned. What are you guys doing driving your car's in the rain anyhow? Be sure the one you get has the correct connector, some are sold without the bayonet fitting. 

Gene Guarnere, Bob Stemm, or Steve Lorenzo should be able to supply you with the correct blade then you can fit those with a new refill.

Ed

Count me in on recommending the 15 inch blade. When I bought my car, the driver's side wiper would hit

the a-pillar trim when the wipers were on low, and go over the top of it when they were on high, and the trim was severely scratched

from this. I knew how to fix the problem because my Dad's 65 Riviera did the same thing when it was new. I swapped out the 18 inch

blades with the much more readily available 15 inchers and problem solved and the wipers wipe off the windshield just fine. I had to sand

down the A-pillar trim then buff it out to get rid of the damage after I fixed the problem. The driver's side has too much sweep in the linkage from

the factory on these cars. If you adjust the linkage to where it doesn't hit the A-pillar trim, it hits down at the base of the windshield.