WANTED: 1967 CHEVY MALIBU 2 DOOR

A friend is seriously looking for a TURN KEY,  original or restored,  1967 Chevelle 2 door. Model 13617 (MALIBU)  or possibly a 13817 (SS 396).

My friend has cash money, lives in northeastern Ohio (east of Cleveland).

Must be V8, could be PowerGlide or stick, depending on overall vehicle condition.

Please advise, pics are appreciated.

Bob. 6-25-2017.

6 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Any other criteria?  Color, options etc.?My guess is atleast upper teens to mid 20's without doing any research.  Of course more for the 396.

A.S., He has not stipulated color or equipment.

4 speed or auto is good.

V8 is a preference, he was looking at a SS 396 Clone, but that unit appeared to have been rear ended, with not-so-good repairs, as he discovered upon personal inspection.

He is a middle aged, GM Technician, cash buyer, great guy, just looking for a nice car, preferably a turn key. 

He does understand, of course, that turn key commands a higher purchase price.

6 hours ago, James veld said:

Try Australia my mate i think might have just what you are looking for ill check with him in the morning and see if he is willing to sell

OH James, regardless of the price, shipping the car from down under to Cleveland, Ohio would be a gigantic financial burden.

1 minute ago, auburnseeker said:

For a stocker it is a good looker.  Normally the creamy yellow color would turn me off,  but it looks good on this car,  Especially with what looks like a black gut.  Probably it has only had a couple owners and has been taken care of.  I would suspect a bench seat.  

A.S., I agree with your evaluation.

13 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

A.S., Thanks for doing the research, it's certainly appreciated. I have forwarded this thread to my Ohio buddy ...... I have been looking ay '66's to '69's for my friend. Anywhere now from $15K to $55K.  For me, if it were my choice, I would seriously think about the '67 Butternut Malibu, shown above, with the asking price of $23K.

11 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Of the ones I have seen, that Butternut one does look the most promising.  Is he looking at different years?  There is a 66 SS that looks really nice for mid 20's I believe that  I didn't post. 

He has told me '67, but word travels. I'm getting info from guys who own '66 to '69's. Looks like more Chevelle sellers than Chevelle buyers, at this point.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:55 PM, auburnseeker said:

Probably not as many good chevelles for sale as buyers though.  Lots of so so cars.  Kind of like Corvairs.  Lots for sale but to get a really nice one,  you have to wade through a pile of stuff. 

I think my Ohio buddy is attempting to speak with the owner of the butternut Chevelle, asking for interior pics. 

Sometimes, in evaluating a potential purchase, its what you DON'T see that raises the red flag.

30 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Tonight's offering.  I like a black stick car,  but the butternut one still looks nicer than this for similar money.

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/6206432391.html

Thanks A.S.

I agree ..... for the money, I like the butternut more.

79,000 miles.

I spoke with Mr.  Butternut today, he's to send more pics tonight.

His listed price is $23K, a Malibu / bench seat, 283 2bbl / P.G. is valued somewhere between $15,500 and $21,500, going from good to excellent.

We'll see how this plays out .... a nice car, in my opinion.

Guest BillP

Yes big bank on the AZ car, but wow, nice car. 396 to 454 change to me is negligible, almost an enhancement. If one could find an authentic 375/396, original motor car it would be too low mile and valuable to drive. The 454 means driver to me.

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Almost twice as much as the Butternut one.  It is an SS but how much does the engine swap hurt the value to someone looking for an authentic SS.  Still a nice car. 

Mr. Butternut sent me 26 pics today, one pic per email .......

It is a nice car, overall.  pricing at $23,000 is "somewhat" above the good to excellent range, for a 283 / 2 bbl. P.G. Malibu 2 door hardtop.

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I agree The butternut one still seems like the best choice in quality Vs. Price.  It just looks right.  For some reason the others all just don't look right. 

The butternut still looks "factory" to me, meaning gaps and alignments seem correct ...... unmolested.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I believe this one just "bumped" the butternut out of first place, for me. I sent this immediately to my Ohio buddy.

Even though not a S.S.,  it's a beauty !

I recall  "Duffys"  being the classic car outlet in Cedar Rapids ....... has this company taken over, in  Duffys  building ? 

Have not seen any "Duffy"  advertising, now that I think of it.