1962 photo? Anyone know what kind of car this is?

Guest coverclamp

21 hours ago, John348 said:

Yes or at least the grill emblem shows it as such

Now that would be very popular at the PSMCDR event.

There is a growing interest in base trim level two-door sedans with the highest-performance engines offered for that year.  Only way this example would be any lighter is if it was the Utility Sedan (Fleetmaster?) without a back seat!!

Craig

4 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Now that would be very popular at the PSMCDR event.

There is a growing interest in base trim level two-door sedans with the highest-performance engines offered for that year.  Only way this example would be any lighter is if it was the Utility Sedan (Fleetmaster?) without a back seat!!

Craig

What is the PSMCDR event?

Thanks,

Those days are over for my 348 and 409! Cost too much when things break and it can be a good way to "unmatch" the cars numbers. I was playing around a few years ago with my 60 and blew a gear in my T-10 learned a lesson the cheaper way

For me, it's a real "wake up call", when folks do not recognize a 1959 Chevy ....... and in my mind AND in my  memory bank, it only seems like yesterday when the 1959 Chevy was in the  showroom for the PRE new car announcement.

Prior to new car announcement date, transport trucks delivered new cars covered with tarps, etc.

Pre new car announcement meant you were admitted with a card / pass only to get the sneak peek of the ALL NEW 1959, BEFORE the actual new car announcement date.

Dealers served hot dogs and cokes ...... a main event in town, including the obstructed showroom windows, so no one driving  /  walking by could get a peek..... unless you had your pre new car announcement card in hand, for the dealership admission to the event..

Edited by bobg1951chevy (see edit history)

3 hours ago, bobg1951chevy said:

For me, it's a real "wake up call", when folks do not recognize a 1959 Chevy ....... and in my mind AND in my  memory bank, it only seems like yesterday when the 1959 Chevy was in the  showroom for the PRE new car announcement.

Prior to new car announcement date, transport trucks delivered new cars covered with tarps, etc.

Pre new car announcement meant you were admitted with a card / pass only to get the sneak peek of the ALL NEW 1959, BEFORE the actual new car announcement date.

Dealers served hot dogs and cokes ...... a main event in town, including the obstructed showroom windows, so no one driving  walking by could get a peek..... unless you had your pre new car announcement card in hand, for the dealership admission to the event..

Some of us weren't born yet in 1959, and wouldn't be for quite some time.

However, I can still recognize it as a 1959 Chevy.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, cahartley said:

Yep, like I said, it's

I drive my '59 often.

I have no idea how many times I've been asked what year it is....... :wacko:

Yep, like I said, it's a real " wake up call ". Being as old as I now know how old I am, I think I better sit and rest a "spell".  :unsure:

• Like 1