My Cruise Control Surgery

89RedDarkGrey

1 hour ago, Digger914 said:

That's a nice easy to follow, how to do it yourself, hundred dollar reman job almost anyone can do at home

THANK YOU SO MUCH:D

I give credit to David Allen- but his video is about merely cleaning a jammed vent mechanism.

His video is HERE

A new unit is around $70.99 +S&H at Rock Auto manufactured by A1 Cardone.

The magnet wire is very delicate, and coated to insulate. You must remove this to solder- I used emory cloth.

Thanks for watching, please give it a Thumbs Judgement.

17 minutes ago, 63viking said:

OK, I followed all of the instructions and fixed all problems that were in the video, but it still will not work. 

Any other ideas?  PLEASE

I didn't even know you had CC trouble. Does it have a code stored as current or history? Is the unit working at all? Do the 3 coils OHM out? 2 OUTER=38-40 OHMS MIDDLE=20 OHMS.

Is there voltage and ground at the plug? Also- the battery must be disconnected 10 minutes to clear the BCM.

Do you have the FSM for your '90?

Yes, The lights come on on the dash when you push the button and go off when you touch the brake of turn off the switch.

The servo is brand new out of the box, but I will check it anyway for resistance and voltage.

I did not know that you had to disconnect the battery to reset it. I will try that also.

Thanks, I'll report back.

Jon.

• Like 1

OK, It is fixed. The old servo was missing the little piston that seals the line.

But I can't tell you what stupid thing I forgot to do. I replaced the servo and all the

lines rerouting them as they were wrong. This mourning I took it for a ride and guess

what it worked. Thank you one and all.  That was my last problem to fix, but I'm sure

there will be more.

• Like 1