The people here are AMAZING!

keiser31

You folks are absolutely amazing! One of the frequent posters on this site was drawing concern over posts that just did not seem like his style and became increasingly unreadable. A few members noticed and were able to seek medical attention for him. F&J....we're pulling for you.

• Like 11

That is very perceptive. I had noticed his writing was becoming frequent , and not packed with the remarkable technical information typical of his genius mechanical aptitude. Yeah. Extremely kind and positive writings , however. I started projecting that he , like I , might be spending just a little too much time living here. (Just saying I need to do more wrenching , and less time talking about it). That was my concern , but I didn't make the connection. Burning the candle..........., etc. VERY IMPRESSIVE , guys. Lots of love here , and Frank is at the top. Profound thanks to the alert , savvy , "doctors" here. (Maybe I should not have put quotation marks - Real doctors hang out in AACA too). I sure hope to see you back here soon , Frank. We need you. And please follow doctors orders !   - Just one of your many friends and admirers ,  Cadillac Carl

Edited by C Carl
Removed a rogue letter "a" (see edit history)
  • Like 1

In your case , my prolific fellow Northwesterner, with you shortly to hit 26 thou' (!!!!!) , we all would suddenly notice a rate reduction. Please make sure to let us know in advance if you will be off-line for whatever reason ! Hmmmmmm........... I will be very busy the next few days. Short if any responses. I am/will not be , too busy to hold Frank in my thoughts and prayers. What a great skillful energetic guy. Speedy recovery , Frank ! Please drop us a line when you are up to it.   - Carl

I posted the same thoughts yesterday following another post. I enjoyed reading his post about the LaSalle. We even commented to each other about metal detecting only about three weeks ago. after that his postings went down hill. How could one of these posters get medical help for him? I would have no idea. Get well Frank.

Since a couple of people have asked...

A regular reader of his car restoration discussion noticed signs of medical issues. Frank had posted some photos that included his address. The reader reported his concerns about the recent erratic posts and suspected worsening medical issues. I was able to do a Google search for the local law enforcement agency in Frank's location and obtained their phone number.  I called the law enforcement agency, reported the concerns and asked them to check on his medical condition based on those facts. They responded to his home and, after investigating summoned an ambulance to transport him for treatment.

The world is a smaller place than it used to be. We can all look out for each other even if we are in distant locations.  

• Like 15

I don't stop by here every day, and when I do I only rear things that interest me. I enjoy all of Franks posts here and on the HANB. I did notice the last one of his I read did seam out of line, but chalked up to AACA vs HAMB lingo, glad you all noticed and made the saving call. Bob

• Like 2

I do not know Frank but have enjoyed his comments and help. He seemed to be a gentleman with a great deal of knowledge and was willing to share it with those that would listen. He even tolerated questions for more explanation.  We wish him a speedy recovery and healthy return to this forum. You are in our thoughts and prayers Sir Frank 

• Like 1

First of all I'm wishing Frank well, the people who were concerned are amazing and good thinking MCHinson on contacting Frank's local law enforcement. I just have to say kudos to the law enforcement for looking in on Frank after getting a call from Matthew regarding concern over Frank's posts here. I find that remarkable.

• Like 3

I too have had some discussion with Frank via Personal messages as well as in topics on the forum. He is one of the truly good guys.

Thank You Matthew Hinson! I am not on this reading everything to see all of his comments. We have a lot of great people in the old

car interest, and this example of coming to someones help is an outstanding example of how sincerely folks care about each other.

My very best wishes to Frank , and thanks to all reading this who are the true kindred spirits of our hobby.

Walt Gosden

Matt simply outstanding!!!  I do not know if we have an award that befits this act but there should be.  F & J had responded to one of my posts and I thought it was so weird and strange that I did not respond.  I have had little dealings with him so I did not recognize that there was an issue. Your training and your compassion have shown through and I could not be prouder of any AACA member than you at this point!  Also, thanks to the person who informed Matt!

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, GARY F said:

Matt,  Any updates on Frank?

I am a whole lot of miles away from him. I don't know him except as a fellow forum member. I have sent him a PM that he will hopefully answer upon his recovery and return to a computer. Other than that, I know that there are a few forum members who live in his general area and have visited him in the past. Hopefully one of them can check up on him and let us know. I am just anxiously awaiting news about him like everybody else is. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Matt simply outstanding!!!  I do not know if we have an award that befits this act but there should be.  F & J had responded to one of my posts and I thought it was so weird and strange that I did not respond.  I have had little dealings with him so I did not recognize that there was an issue. Your training and your compassion have shown through and I could not be prouder of any AACA member than you at this point!

Well said!

• Like 3

Matthew HInson, this might be a good time to remind readers that in many areas you can contact a law enforcement agency when you suspect a person has problems or is being mistreated and they will make an anonymous "wellness check."  This is especially nice when some elderly person is living by themselves and seems to have dropped out of sight. 

1 minute ago, john2dameron said:

Matthew HInson, this might be a good time to remind readers that in many areas you can contact a law enforcement agency when you suspect a person has problems or is being mistreated and they will make an anonymous "wellness check."  This is especially nice when some elderly person is living by themselves and seems to have dropped out of sight. 

I guess you just did. ;)

• Like 2