dc-8dave

FOR SALE: 1930 Dodge Brothers DC-8 four door sedan to the right person

Hello Dodge Brothers,

The Crown Maroon and Black sedan directly above this post is still available and looking for a new place to call home. It was built and shipped out of Dodge Main on March 17th 1930 and was sold new in Watertown, South Dakota by J.H. Lienhard, Inc. The FEDCO serial number plate and the body plate are all there and match the build card, the motor number and the frame number match each other and the build card. It doesn't get any better then this. Once this car is restored you will have a very beautiful piece of Dodge Brothers Eight-in-Line history. I would like to see it go back to the original colors in order to match the build card. At the moment there are no DC-8 sedans restored in the original Crown Maroon and Black. I have over forty years history with the DC-8 and DD-6 cars and whom ever purchases this car will have my help available to them thru the entire restoration. Thank you for reading this post!

E-098-RW..1.jpg

E-098-RW..2.jpg

E-098-RW..3.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dc-8dave said:

Is this air cleaner an extra or is this the one from your DC-8 sedan?

The one on my car is a later oil bath. This one is to be restored on the long term plan and fitted... when I figure out how to put a filter in it.

My car had the mounting bracket on a head bolt (the wrong one) when I bought it and this in the parts pile. Maybe this was fitted and Ian put the oil bath on so there was some filtration. I don't know. Sorry, not available!

OK, if someone buys this car during the month of November I will kick in a $50.00 rebate plus the ex-wife but you have to promise me that you will help me get my wheelbarrow back from her!!!:lol: I really miss that wheelbarrow!

• Haha 1

I am with you Spinneyhill Not a tradesman or a craftsman but I take on the challenge and like you it takes a while By the way I plan to visit N.Z. in JAN. 2019 maybe we can catch up Ron

Hello Dodge Brothers,

All joking aside, this car needs to find a good home. I am currently restoring a DC roadster and when that car is done I hope to start on my 1931 DC Standard Eight convertible coupe. I am as some of you know working on a book zeroed in on just the DC-8, DD-6, DF-6 Taxi and the DE-6. I'll be very lucky if I finish both cars and the book before I head off to the big Dodge Brothers Dealership in the sky. I truly need to sell this Crown Maroon & Black DC-8 sedan to fund a building project that I must get finished. Please spread the word and help me find this car a good home! It deserves it !!!!! Thank you for reading this update.     

Hello Anyone that reads this post,

I have been involved with 1930-31 DC-8 and DD-6 cars for going on 42 years now. Over the years I have purchased many cars that were to far gone to bring back and parted them out. I have been able to help a great many people with parts so they could get their DC-8 and DD-6 back on the road. This is just a request for if anyone who knows of a DC-8 parts car please contact me, hopefully with pictures. It is getting harder and harder to help these folks find the parts that they seek. If you know of any parts cars please contact me thru the AACA mail system. Thank you!

Edited by dc-8dave (see edit history)

Hello Anyone Reading This,

These are just a few of the parts that are included with the Crown Maroon DC-8 sedan number E-098-RW that is for sale to the right person. More images coming.

E-098-RW-1.JPG

E-098-RW-2.JPG

E-098-RW-3.JPG

E-098-RW-4.JPG

E-098-RW-5.JPG

E-098-RW-6.JPG

E-098-RW-7.JPG

E-098-RW-8.JPG

E-098-RW-9.JPG

E-098-RW-10.JPG

E-098-RW-11.JPG

E-098-RW-12.JPG

E-098-RW-13.JPG

E-098-RW-14.JPG

E-098-RW-15.JPG

E-098-RW-16.JPG

E-098-RW-17.JPG

E-098-RW-18.JPG

E-098-RW-19.JPG

E-098-RW-20.JPG

E-098-RW-21.JPG

E-098-RW-22.JPG

E-098-RW-23.JPG

E-098-RW-24.JPG

E-098-RW-25.JPG

E-098-RW-26.JPG

E-098-RW-27.JPG

E-098-RW-28.jpg

E-098-RW-29.jpg

E-098-RW-30.jpg

E-098-RW-31.jpg

E-098-RW-32.jpg

E-098-RW-33.jpg

E-098-RW-34.jpg

E-098-RW-35.jpg

E-098-RW-36.jpg

• Like 1

I am thinking that this model has the best 'DECO' of all.

Amazing... 

Someone who actually includes good photos.  I'm always amazed at how many folks just add a description without photos of condition.

Good luck finding a new home for them.👍

David can you tell me what these exterior handles are from ? I have some and would like to know what the application is (if you know). I don't want to assume they are DC8 parts...

Thank you

E-098-RW-3.JPG

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Hello Dave,

They are 1930-31 Dodge Brothers DC-8 (no other car used them), if they weren't for a DC-8 I won't have posted the picture. There was three outside handles used on the DC-8 cars, the non-locking handle that the sedan, the coupe and convertible coupe used. The locking handle that was used on the before mentioned cars and a non-locking handle with a longer shaft and threads in the end for use on the roadsters and the phaetons. I am in need of one locking handle and one non-locking handle for this car. Why don't you just buy the car to go with the handles you have? Attached to this post is a picture of a locking outside DC-8 door handle that I seek for the above car. Dave, I will give you a discount on the purchase of this car because I like you😁

Locking DC-8 Handle 001.JPG

Locking DC-8 Handle 006.JPG

Locking DC-8 Handle 007.JPG