2017 BCA Roster

Barney Eaton

By now all BCA members should have their 2017 Roster.

April 2015 I sent the BCA office and Pete production number for Buicks built after 2002.

Note the 2014 Roster has the year and models listed but no production numbers after 2002.

Look at your 2017 Roster and the listing has not changed.........guess they did not like my numbers.

Here is the information sent.   Print it and put the page in the back of your Roster.

Also note the column after the car line is the number from Ward's Yearbook (they get their info from the manufactures)

Ward's also list options built,  I was interested in the number of Buicks built with V8, supercharged, or other engine options....Ward's list  the options as percentage of total production.

As an example...2002 Buick Park Ave (31918 made), the number supercharged,Ward's list the number as 12.1%, which = 3862, the info in the last column came from Buick Heritage and they have the number at 4033 

That difference of 171 = .0053% so depending on how the percent number was rounded, the two source will seldom exactly match.

BUICK PRODUCTION LATE MODEL.xlsx

"Buy them books, send them to school, and all they do is chew on the covers"

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 6

I found an error in my vehicle listing. I have no idea where they got the incorrect data. I did not give it to them. I emailed the office to ask them to correct my listing for future rosters. I did not receive any acknowledgement or reply at all. I am not impressed with the BCA Office. I have had two occasions to communicate with the BCA Office in the past few years. So far, they are 0 for 2 on resolving my concerns.

• Like 3

Thanks Barney, Great info.

I had a 2013 Verano Turbo as a company car (recently had to turn it back in... got a Regal Turbo) Was always curious how rare a car it was since I was racking up a bunch of miles on it. Looks like around 2500 made per the numbers. Thanks!!

14 hours ago, MCHinson said:

I found an error in my vehicle listing. I have no idea where they got the incorrect data. I did not give it to them. I emailed the office to ask them to correct my listing for future rosters. I did not receive any acknowledgement or reply at all. I am not impressed with the BCA Office. I have had two occasions to communicate with the BCA Office in the past few years. So far, they are 0 for 2 on resolving my concerns.

Perhaps we should bring up this issue at the general membership meeting in July.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BUICK RACER said:

I found a couple of other issues, Looking for someone is listed as living in NV but not in the NV listings? DUH?

I caught a similar mistake looking for a Skylark owner in Nevada awhile ago. There are two separate headings for NEVADA:

♦  the correct one between Nebraska and New Hampshire, page 68, A-Z;

♦  and on page 72 that should read NEW JERSEY.. 

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Mark Shaw said:

Perhaps we should bring up this issue at the general membership meeting in July.

I won't be there, so I can't bring it up, but for the good of the club, something needs to change about how the office responds to member emails.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MCHinson said:

I won't be there, so I can't bring it up, but for the good of the club, something needs to change about how the office responds to member emails.

I just call and have had nothing but a very pleasant and helpful response.  Are we talking about the same office?

Edited by MrEarl
delete image with inapproriate language (see edit history)
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, old-tank said:

I just call and have had nothing but a very pleasant and helpful response.  Are we talking about the same office?

Yes, as far as I know, there is only one office so we are certainly talking about the same office. When I first joined the club online there was a problem getting my membership active.  As I recall, they would not respond to my emails and also did not return my call after I left a message. I was finally able to contact a BCA Officer through a private message on the forum. He was able to get them to take care of my issue. I have not had a good experience with the club's office yet. Maybe they do well with phone calls but it seems that technology such as email and voice mail or answering machines is not their strong point.

Hopefully the BCA Office and board members are viewing this thread and will view the comments made thus far and hereafter as areas that need attention and correction and not as a bashing of the performance of the Office. To that end I ask that members feel free to comment on any issues they might have observed but at the same time keep comments objective and constructive. As Willie pointed out, maybe a phone call to either the office or a board member could also help in letting the Office know of these problems. Thanks!

• Like 2

Doug - I've had mine for some time as well. It may have come with a Bugle and the May issue seems right. 

One challenge is if if there are electronic only Bugle BCA members who don't come here, would they even know the process of sending them out is in play?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, kgreen said:

Still have not received a copy of the current roster.  Any chance for a replacement to be mailed?

Ken, you really need to call the Buick Club office, they should be able to send you a copy, let us know if you have any issues with that.

13 hours ago, BUICK RACER said:

Ken, you really need to call the Buick Club office, they should be able to send you a copy, let us know if you have any issues with that.

You are absolutely right, that is a better venue.  I think I fell into the Millennial hole of texting, not speaking.