Bamboo Cream 65 GS for sale at Mecum Portland

cjp69

16 hours ago, bodayguy said:

It was topping out at about $35K on ebay. It's nice and a rare color. I think it's a good buy at that price. I guess if he wants big bucks he should try for Barrett-Jackson.

I agree, seems like a decent price in the 30-ish range. "Fully Restored"? Don't think so. The chrome on the car is weak and the rear bumper pretty scratched up. Glove box scratched and other imperfections make it a good driver. 

The data plate I think shows this was originally a white car too, although I LOVE Bamboo Cream. If you're looking for top dollar, a color change doesn't help, even when it's a factory color like this.

That said, if I didn't have my car, I would absolutely be bidding on this one.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:59 AM, Seafoam65 said:

That car could really be nice with a little work.......I would not kick it out of my garage. It could bring a lot more at

auction than what is being bid on the car online.

Actually it did better online than it did at the auction.  Makes you wonder if maybe it doesn't look as good in person as it does in pics. 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, Black River said:

Eventually you'd think some of these people would accept reality. What're they going to do now, relist on eBay and hope some fresh meat that hasn't seen the car before comes along and throws 60k at them?.......

Yep, that is what they are going to do, lol.  Back on eBay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Buick-Riviera-Gran-Sport-GS/232376930091?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Reminds me of this car.  Before I bought my '63, I was trying to make a deal with these guys on it.  They wanted $29,995 for it at the time, which was way out of my price range.  I watched it get listed on Ebay a few times, where it never got over $8,000.  After looking at all the pics and talking to the salesman, I told them I believed they had a $15,000 car (which I feel is generous), and they wouldn't budge under $25,000.  I then offered my '70 Coupe DeVille as a part trade, telling them that I believed I had a $12,000 car, but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and offered $5,000 difference, and I'd drive it out to Portland even and if they didn't think it was a fair deal, I'd turn around and drive home.  They said the best they could do was my DeVille and me throw in $13,000 difference (my car is all original except for the rolling stock which I have the factory caps and wheels, and quite nice for those of you who've seen pics of it.)  Long story kind of short, I politely told them to call me when they came down to $15,000 on it.  Well, after over a year of watching it go on Ebay numerous times never getting above $8500, they've dropped it to a listed price of $25,000....You'd think they'd at least detail the undercarriage in the last year..... http://americanclassicsandhotrods.com/vehicles/426/1963-buick-riviera

On 6/20/2017 at 1:36 PM, cjp69 said:

Actually it did better online than it did at the auction.  Makes you wonder if maybe it doesn't look as good in person as it does in pics. 

I think you are right on this ^^^^^

Thats how online dating services stay going :D