Buick Special1938 transmission need help

Hello
I have an 1938 Buick Special engine 8 cylinder 248 cu.inch.
Now I am triyng to fix my transmission problems. 
I have some elements missing on my gearbox. In the shop manual I notice that   Universal jont retaining screw   and   detent spring from sliding sleeve end are missing.
What is the function of the these pieces ? 
I tried to buy a detent spring but nothing on the internet. I do not know how it it look like . It is hard to me to make a new one in the absence of a blueprint. 
For a good understanding of my situation I attacched a picture.

Untitled-1.jpg

Christian Ivan, 

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. The best supplier of any similar Buick part between 1936 and 1941 is Dave Tacheny. You can reach him by phone between 4 pm and 7 pm Central time at 763-427-3460. You may also wish to consider joining the 36-38 Buick Club. You can check out the club at http://www.3638buickclub.org/. You can download a membership application from the membership page of the website. 

7 hours ago, MCHinson said:

The best supplier of any similar Buick part between 1936 and 1941 is Dave Tacheny

I have seen that name on AACA before.  I have no idea if he has repro springs or not, but if so, you would not want just one if he has enough to replace the other identical ones.

But, if he does not have any at all, including used, I may? be able to cross check my Olds books in the hopes that I might have the same spring in a Olds transmission I just got with a non-Olds car ...found in the car.

if my books give me any good hint that the 5 bolt Olds might be same,, Then I can remove the top cover to see if the gears look the same.  If that looks same, I can pull it apart quickly to look at the spring type.

I am willing if you cannot find any, but I'd rather you can find a set of new ones for the best plan, 

I would not have a retaining screw like that on an OLDS trans.  But it looks like a common bolt, grade 8, fine thread & lock washer likely, and a very thick..1/4" ? washer

I have checked my parts manual. The detent spring is found in section 4.413. It is titled, SPRING, Synchronizing detention. The part number is 1300501. It is used in 1934-35 Series 40 and 50, and in 1936, 37 and 38 Series 40 with conventional transmission.